The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

Ok, I tried using Calmert's box in the cabinet-maker's shop, I certainly got the hacking right (there would have been a CTD otherwise) but it didn't respawn :(

2. DrakoShade

DrakoShade Philosopher

I seem to be having odd problems.

I'm running Windows XP Home SP2
    AMD Sempron 3000+
    2.00 GHz, 448 Mb of RAM

Compaq Presario

With Norton Security Center (2005, I think) That's all I can think of that would effect the program. I know that it'll run several of the more intense RMXP scripts without lag, if that comparison helps.

Thing is, with 5.0 installed (with the cumulative fixes, as of June 28), the program randomly shuts itself down. Generally, it shuts down when I have the console open or am trying to save my game. Not always, however. It seems to be random, and has caused me to develop a tendency to save about 5x as often as I used to.

I can't seem to lock down what the problem is. This didn't occur under the 4.0 mod.

(As a side-note, I seem to be unable to level either a ranger, bard, or sorcerer up to 20 in tests. Ranger has problems with favored enemy, bard with feats (if I recall correctly), and sorcerer with spell selection at higher levels due to having more slots to memorize than spells exist at that level. I don't know if these have anything to do with 5.0, but I thought I'd mention them.)

3. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Can't speak on your computer problem, could be a lot of stuff, good luck on that.

On the leveling thing that is a known limitation of the game, when Troika designed the game it had 20 levels, when they put the level cap on at 10, they stopped fixing problems above that level. When the cap was removed by modders the bugs came with it. Its better than it was but there are still some things out there lurking. There are threads about this, I've read them, but how to find them? Sorry your on your own there, I still can't find much with this search engine:)

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@DrakoShade: Go in the services list and look for the service that is norton security center and disable it...then run toee. Try that.

Note: Maybe norton security center will be abbreviated, something like nsc in its name if it is not spelled out.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The Cumulative Fixes in post 4 of this thread have been updated with:

- Shiningted's latest Moathouse Respawn fix.

[EDIT] I still need a lot more feedback on the Orc Cave Prespawn. Like, are they switching weapons when you get close or not.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Oops. I said I had added ruf's last Orc Cave fix, but I hadn't. The Cumulative Fixes in post 4 of this thread have been updated with that fix now, and a fix for the Scroll of Analyze Dweomer (it was casting Distintigrate).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  7. Metallica_29657

Metallica_29657 Member

Blue, here's the readme you wanted, enjoy.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  8. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Well.

I am not going to spoil any of the fun, but with the addition of the 5.0.0 beta mod I must say the game is only getting better. Sad to think that Troika packed it in when the blueprints for a perfect system (almost) existed. Humble thanks to all modders who made this possible.

In Verbobonc itself, the very last portal on the right of the town causes me to CTD whenever I try to open it. If anyone can tell me how to fix this (remove files, delete lines, etc....) I would be most greatful. I found other fixes for the other portals in Verbobonc but I cannot for this one. If I do need to go to other areas to clear it up please let me know. As there are a limited amount of times you can go back, I would like to find the fix without limiting the options getting there.

Again, thanks to all modders for the excellent work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2006
  9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The silver light mace is the wrong weapon size again, I'm sure it's supposed to be a small weapon, even if the weight is boosted by a few pounds for the silver flanges on the mace.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

My bad, its supposed to be the same size as any other silver weapon.

Edit: Any other light mace i mean.

11. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

It has come to my attention that Black Jay has some PC's responces that needed to be changed. To for the Goblin Gone mod to fit properly. I am posting the fix below.

@Gaear - this doesn't affect Black Jays voiced lines at all only the PC responses.

@Allyx - don't look at me I put the fixed silver mace in with the fixed scrolls, don't know how they got compared back out. It was even in the cumulative fixes at one point.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes. (Including a fix for the mace)

Attached Files:

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I may still need to merge any last minute changes I've got with this, can't remember off hand if there are any. [edit] - okay, I squared this up.

Also, we need to get our versions of Kenter Nevets' dlg files together, so they contain your updates, my updates, his added 'thank you' line, and any other things you've tweaked with that quest. Maybe you could just add that line (you can find it in the VtV thread) and whatever code goes with it wherever it's supposed to go, post it here, and I'll merge my changes with your finished file. That is, if you haven't already done all that, which you probably have. ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  13. Allyx

Here's a little fix for you...

The Wooden tower shield was displaying incorrectly (the bottom of the shile was actually INSIDE the wearers body)

With these 2 files it now displays correctly.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

14. pippetta

pippetta Member

possible bug:

when i call my familiar out to the inventary and i want it back in

i choose the option in the dialog but the familiar doesn't climb in ... it still appear in my inventary and stays outside...

I got 2 of tthem... wow

15. Allyx

another little fix, turns out both the masterwork kukri and masterwork Halfling siangham had the wrong stats, these have been corrected, and there aren't any non masterwork versions of these weapons?

[EDIT] re-uploaded a beter version that includes non masterwork versions of the Kukri and Halfling Siagham, as well as the small sized Siagham in both normal and masterwork versions.

[Side note] could we add the normal versions to the shopmap please?

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes. But not added to the Shop Map.

Attached Files:

Our Host!