I've got a NICE problem, lol

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ricerking13, Jun 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ricerking13

ricerking13 Member

Okay... I beat the battle with Hedrack (this is my first time with it, and damn that was hard!) I have 2 NPC's with me (Elmo and Morgan). I initially put Hedrack in an Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, hoping I could wipe out everything else, and then finish him off, without stupid Iuz coming in. I end up losing 1 PC and 2 NPC's so I release Iuz, knowing Cuthbert will raise the whole party. So I tried, and voila, I slaughtered everything pretty thoroughly. Released the bubble, and he had first initiative (damn the dice, hahaha). So of course he summons Iuz... Cuthbert comes... I turn all the ghouls, and slaughter Hedrack...

Thing is... now that all the baddies are dead my 2 NPC's are invisible... I can utilize them normally, until I try to make them attack/heal/cast a spell on them... and they aren't coming back... I don't get it... very frustrating, If I now have to do the nodes with only 4 PC's... *gulp*. Any hints? Note: they are completely invisible on the screen, not just translucent like I cast "Invisibility" on them.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Yep. Old bug. You see, when Iuz animates the dead into zombies, he doesn't just animate the dead bad guys. He animates everyone that is dead. This includes dead party members. This means that when Cuthbert raises the dead, there are no bodies of dead PCs or NPCs to raise (as they are now zombies and you can't Raise Dead on a zombie). And then you destroyed all the zombies.

So basically, they are gone. There is no way to bring them back. You just have to dismiss them from your party and move on. If you have a save from before the battle, you can use it and try to not let anyone die this time. Difficult, but possible.

If you are playing Iron Man, well, you've just learned a valuable lesson. Don't play Iron Man.

Btw. this bug is fixed for 5.0.0.

3. moralgay

moralgay Bertram Rider lv.2!

Btw, very nice tactic to use Otiluke's Resilent Sphere to deal with rest first :) Very clever.
    I did something similar but in addition I used Spike Stones ahead so most of the enemies died running thro, and Stinking Cloud on those in melee with me, just beyond my men. Glitterdust/Ray of Enfeeblement/Hold Monster on Big enemies as well. Makes it easier.

Again tho, very clever thinking ;)

4. ricerking13

ricerking13 Member

Thanks guys... and yes that stinks... but what can ya do? :doublethu

5. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

I did the opposite and I feel like I'm missing the boat here. Iuz is supposed to show up? Did I kill Hedrack too fast, or have I stumbled into another bug? (The only action he managed to get off was to cast Spell Resistance on himself, but he was flanked by my rogue and my fighter-barbarian with 26 Strength and that's a one-round kill for nearly any creature that's subject to Sneak Attack and some things that aren't; Hedrack proved to be no exception).

6. moralgay

moralgay Bertram Rider lv.2!

Hendrack does need to survive to attempt to summon Iuz, also Iuz will not respond 100% of the time. Just lower Hendrack to low HP but don't kill him.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hedrack needs to survive 3 rounds at near death before he summons Iuz

8. TiamatReborn

TiamatReborn Member

Another idea if you cant defeat the whole bunch there is to put Hedrack in the sphere, then when everyone else is dead, have your cleric raise everyone before releasing Hedrack. not sure if that's workable, but if you have a decent leveled cleric whom you can keep alive, should be doable.

9. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Nope. He will summon Iuz on his turn whenever his hp is less than 50% of max.

He has code to summon Iuz when dying as well, but it never worked. It just kept him from falling down when dead until the battle was over.

The summoning Iuz thing is broken in 5.0.0 right now, but I have a fix and will put it in the Cumulative Fixes soon.

Our Host!