Further Respawning & a Feature Request

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, May 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

He wouldn't. He only shows up if Good folk find themselves in the presence of the Old One; even then, it's only 90% likely. Can this even be fixed, though?

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Oh yes, friend Spike, this could easily be fixed. However, are we to leave the hapless non-Good party to face The Old One alone? It would be a slaughter, especially with the new and improved Iuz in 5.0.0.

My take on this is that Cuthbert shows up to spoil whatever scheme Iuz has in the works. Since Iuz came to personally deal with the party, then it doesn't matter what alignment they are, they are obviously being a thorn in Iuz's side. Of course, since he took the time to appear personally, Cuthbert might as well just cleanse the whole room of evil while he's there, be it Iuz, Hedrack and Company, or the party.

I think it's just there to be cool. Iuz shows up, offering a battle the party cannot hope to win, and just when despair sets in, Cuthbert shows up to turn the tide. If it works, which, hopefully, it now does, most of the time at least.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The more I think about it, the more I am of the opinion that the Evil dieties would have no problem wailing on each other - no more than Hitler had in turning on Stalin.

We DO have some nice Hextor gear now, if someone wants to add it all to ToEE... but does he tower over Iuz in God-ranks the way Cuthbert does, to be able to just frighten him off? Does Lolth? And what happens when Iuz 'strengthens the evil in the hearts' of those in the room, does an NE party get a boost from this?

4. Lord_Spike

There is certainly no love lost between these deities. Lolth or Hextor could whip Iuz's ass. And Blue, that is the correct way of reading the situation; the spoilage factor & dramatic effect. I should have said "according to the module...", but didn't want to go that route with my previous response. Whatever happens, ALL godly personages would NOT settle their differences in the presence of mortals, teleporting away to do any combat. It'd really add something to this to put new faces in based on alignment; but again...is this really something worth doing? What would it do to the end game (slide show)...if anything at all?

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

food for thought of the day - If an evil party is doing the evil temple quests and decides to take out Hedrack, who is to say that when Iuz shows up, Iuz wouldn't want to sit back and only watch [not interfere with] the two evil groups, Hedrack & company vs the adventuring party, make an offer to both groups, Hedrack and the party leader, saying to both chars, "Whoever wins this very contest on this day wins the Command of the Temple of Elemental Evil Troops!", or something similar?

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

both hextor and lolth are aloth more powerful than Iuz. Hextor is an Intermediate power as is St Cuthbert and Lolth is a greater deity where as Iuz is only a demigod

7. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Here is the beta for the Ogre cave prespawn, the Orcs probably need to be looked at as far as level and balance go. It works anytime up to when and if you accept the quest for the Ogres. It just goes away after that and does not return. It all needs tested, by it seems to work ok.

I used the latest cumulative fixes as a base so hopefully you can just extract this to your ToEE root directory and it won't screw anything else up. It is only compatible with the 5.0.0 beta so don't load it over 4.0.0 it may work but it may not.

I also adding in some fixes for scroll prices by Allyx and a note requested by Spike that is an update to the Goblin Gone Mod.

Oh yeah to get to the cave you have to talk to Kenter Nevets in Hommlet - the town elder. For testing purposes you can also type game.worldmap_travel_by_dialog(9) into the console and game.quests[53].state = mentioned to test the after the quest operation, note: if you change the quest state it goes into the logbook and you can't change it back without reloading, I think there is a way to clear the logbock but I don't know it yet.

I found a glitch in the way I did Kenter's dialog numbering and its fixed. I also added an AI to the Orc fighters.

Please just use the cumlative fixes to download this now, it has been added to the 5.0.0 beta.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  8. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

Ruf

I loaded up the Orc prespawn, and could not get Nevets to talk about anything new. Do I need to start a whole new game for that. I started from a 1st time in Hommlet save playing CG.
    Later, and playing a level 4 CG save, I consoled a trip to the caves and battled the Orcs. Pretty fun, but the fighters would only use their longbows, even when my tanks were right on top of them -- AoO city. Other than that, I enjoyed the battle. Not too difficult at level 4, but ought to be for lower levels.

Keep up the good work,

H

9. rufnredde

Thanks Hunter, I found the bug with Kenter's speech, I forgot to renumber some of the added lines, it has been fixed. I posted it, before you posted but looking at the timestamps I'm sure you had the older file. No you don't need to start a new game the only condition is that it has to be before the Ogre Quest. The fighters do hold onto the bows while they are flatfooted, but switch to the falchions, as soon as it is thier turn when I tried it, so I can't explain that one. I did add an AI to all the fighters, so they should rage now as they are supposed to, and it should help with the weapon change thing;)

If it ends up being too easy, I can add a few more fighters or up the stats of the critters, but I did design the encounter for 1st - 3rd level parties.

Here are the stats and equipment for the Orcs:

The initial stats are as follows, (all stats include racial bonus) :
    14744 - Orc Leader - 2/2 Barbarian/Fighter, Str 20, Dex 16 , Con 15, Wis 12, Int 13, Cha 9, Equipt: Bone Armor, Falchion
    14743 - Shaman: Level-4 – Cleric, Grumiish Str 17, Dex 11, Con 13, Wis 16, Int 9, Cha 12, Equipt: Bone Armor, Heavy Mace
    14747 - Half Orc Assassin 1/3 Barbarian Rogue, Str 18, Dex16, Con 15, Wis 10, Int 9, Cha 8, Equipt: Barbarian Armor, Longsword, MW shortsword
    14745 – Orc Fighter Level - 2 – Barbarian, Str 20, Dex 15, Con 15, Wis 12, Int12, Cha 10 Equpt: Studded Leather, Rusty Falchion, Longbow, arrows
    14746 – Orc Archer – Level –2 – Barbarian Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Wis 9, Int 9, Cha 6 Equpt: Studded Leather, Rusty Falchion, Longbow, arrows

1 Leader, 1 Shaman, 1 half-orc assassin, 7 fighters, 2 archers.

I had planned to add a level evaluation to the encounter, and spawn in another six fighters/archers if need be. There is also a variant where all the fighters have spiked chains and the shaman has a flail, I called the chain gang, that I had fun playing if anyone is interested

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A John Cena fan perhaps? ruf you must be upset that he lost (however unfair the fight was) the WWE title to ECW's new signing - RVD :evil_laug

11. Lord_Spike

:clap:

Looks awesome, Ruf!

Suggestion: put in some guards for the leader & the shaman; a pair of your chain fighters & a flail wielder. Or one each of those, and another archer. That'll bring up the total to 15, and ought to make it slightly more difficult.

In honor of this achievement, I offer this, which will help all those who still don't understand orcs:

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/gamespyarchive/gspynod272.html

12. rufnredde

I added a second rar on the original post named - orcs_cave_prespawn-16.rar it is the same mod with 16 orcs instead of 12. I'll put some other variants later if needed

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@rufnredde, I tried both versions (5th level PC's) so here are my observations...

1) The orcs don't like using thier falchions much do they? They fired thier arrows, closed in on my PC's then stood there attacking, and taking every AoO my PC's could dish out.

2) Kenter Nevits mentions orcs and Orcs in the same sentance (am I knit picking? probably, but it should be consistant).

3) I returned to Kenter Nevits, he would offer to tell me about the Orcs again after I'd just killed them.

Apart from that I liked it, good work dude.

[EDIT] I added "go melee" to the beserker AI and tried the encounter (version 2) again, they swithed immediately from ranged to melee then promply handed my ass to me on a plate :evil_laug

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  14. bigron

bigron Member

I just installed orc prespawn, keep getting a CDT when I go to orc cave.
    Also CDT when I walk out of building, with out going immediately to orc caves

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  15. rufnredde

I'll try and see if I can reproduce the CTD, I haven't seen that problem in my testing, so I will take a look at things to see if I can find it. If anyone else is seeing this please chime in.

Thanks bigron:)

Our Host!