Being attacked by Otis?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ricerking13, Jun 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ricerking13

ricerking13 Member

Hey all, I searched a bit, don't think it's been covered much...

I know everybody talks about NPC's attacking you upon release of their services. My issue is a slight twist. I'm entering the map for the Temple for the very first time. Immediately upon doing this Otis leaves the party and attacks me...? Is this just part of the game? Is it bc of the alignment of my party? I figured some of the walkthrough would have mentioned it were that the typical case... I'm quite lost... thanks for the help!

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  3. ricerking13

ricerking13 Member

Hmmm... so because Otis is "what he is" (to avoid a spoiler here too) that could make him attack my party? They aren't LE based... and only two members are LE. But I'll admit I did "slaughter" the Hostel in Nulb... only because that b*tch stole from me though, hahaha. So maybe that's it... Disappointing I have to lose him. It's just odd that it only happens once I enter the Temple... because he's fine prior to that.

Thanks for the help Lord Spike... anybody else's input is still greatly appreciated.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Looking through Otis' script, I find that if your party leader is Evil (any) and your party sets foot in the Temple, the Ruined Farmhouse next to the Temple, or the Temple Broken Tower, Otis will attack.

5. maalri

maalri Immortal

Would having Lareth the Beautiful in your party affect Otis attacking at all?

6. ricerking13

ricerking13 Member

Thanks man! I appreciate knowing I hadn't messed it up...

Our Host!