Mod Request - Number of Charges in Wand

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sen, Oct 31, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sen

Sen Member

Is there a way to find the number of charges remaining in a wand?? If yes, would it be a difficult task to make a mod to display that value somewhere (like in description etc.)
    This would be very useful so that you can plan ahead and craft new wands to replace the low-charge one, before resting.

Of course, you can simply have multiple wands for important spells - but it sort of clutters up the Inventory. Also I know that it is not a terribly important thing to have, but I think that I am sort of spoiled by the IE games.

If it is a easy fix, I would really appreciate if you guys can do that in any of your future mods.

Thanks in advance.

2. cerda

cerda Member

The starting number of charges is defined for each type of wand in the Protos.tab file.
    As I didn't find any named variable for this in TOEE.exe I suppose that this is impossible now.
    You'll have to count the number of uses (for newly created wands) yourself.

Btw Your lighter doesn't display the number of uses left either :)

3. Sen

Sen Member

Oh well, I'll go for scrolls then. Anyway one needs wand only for spells which require gold (Identify, Stoneskin, etc.) - so for all others, scrolls can be scribed. Since the scrolls stack and are cheaper(?) than wands and we know exactly how many charges" are there - I think they would be better than wands.

BTW, my lighter doesn't quit after just 20 times...

Our Host!