The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. biobaba

biobaba Member

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

SPOILER ALERT---------------------------

I just finished Verbobonc
    Got a few questions.

Does the Bazzar only sells scrolls that's all?

Also I cant seem to copy True Seeing scroll I bought from the Bazzar
    I could copy Chain Lightning scroll however.

The place where I fought the dragon was Underdark? or Underdark is at somewhere else?

ps. I did download the most recent cumulative fixes

over all I loved Verbobonc
    great place fun quests! Thanks so much for the great experience.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

There are other items (lots of them in fact) for sale, but first you have to find Ariel's master, she is afterall only the apprentice.
    Hmm, can you cast True Seeing from the scroll with your wizard? It may be a cleric version of the spell.
    The mother dragon is just outside her cave, I named all the maps "underdark" primarily so I could find the correct folder to put the .mob files in them easier.
    Thanks dude, I spent a long time on it, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Her AI fires off and she runs over to a PC to cast the spell, but the results are as I've said. I haven't tried casting it with her in the party.

Are there any hints in the game to who her master is, because she certainly doesn't say anything and no one else in town talks about her or her master.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

*laff* It would kinda be funny IF the Master is one of the prisoners to rescue from the Temple and you can find the Master in Verbobonc after returning that particular rescued prisoner back to Verbobonc.

[EDIT] The above is strictly a guess on my part, something for us to look in to and determine.

5. pippetta

pippetta Member

I cannot go to Verbonic!!! :(
    the merchant in temple level 1 wont take me there...

strange... with my old party they will...

I haven't changed my allignament...

... And i Still prefered the legal MamboJamboo... :( :p

6. Allyx

SPOILER..................

The merchants in level 1 of the temple were a mistake and were never supposed to be there. The merchants you have now (I presume) are Ted Ed and Ed, they are not supposed to take you to Verbobonc. The female prisoners on level 1 and the merchants on level 2 can and will take you to Verbobonc, also (depending on alignment) Rufus and Toruko also have the ability to take you there.

7. pippetta

pippetta Member

is there a complete spoiler ?

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Nope and no.

It is still a Beta.

I am aware of no plans to make a spoiler [a walkthrough] even after the Co8 5.0.0 MOD goes live in a final release version.
    * What you can, right now, and will be able to do is read the readme notes, the current version, now, and the final version when done, to see what all is included. However, it will read like a "techie manual" and will only name what was modded, not the content of each mod and the respective changes and also not cheats, either.

9. Allyx

I could post every little detail about the mod, but I'm not going to... especially as no-one has even found Ariel's master yet. That spoiler is for me to know and everyone else to find out about later.

10. Kalshane

Again, I ask are there any clues in the game? Ariel mentions he exists, but that's it, despite my party "face" having 13 ranks in all of the social skills and no one else says a thing about it. Am I missing something or are we just supposed to wander around all of Verbebonc, the Temple, Homlett and Nulb talking to every person on the street in hopes they turn out to be the master?

ETA: Sorry, that sounded a little pissy. Not my intention. I just want to ascertain that there are in fact clues to her Master's identity/location.

11. Allyx

All the clues you need are in the original first edition module. no-one else can tell you who the master is, because returning to Verbobonc is in fact the master's contingency plan should all else fail. If you really need a clue Kalshane, perhaps you remember I requested a few feat changes for a certain NPC when you reworked the protos? That's just about as much of a spoiler as anyone is going to get from me.

I'm sorry if i'm being a tad too guarded about this part of my mod, but I am rather proud of it, and after all, a shop that sells almost every magical item in the game should be hard to find (certainly harder than the masterwork weapons quest).

12. Kalshane

That's a little unfair to folks who've never read/played the module, IMO, which is going to be the vast majority of players. Some in-game clues would be nice.

I'm not asking you to give it away, here or elsewhere, but some dialogue hints somewhere would be helpful. I'd love for there to be a way to figure it out in-game. (Which doesn't mean telling the player straight out.)

I have an idea who he is now, but considering NPCs that decide to fight with me tend to be dead before they get a chance to run away or beg for mercy, I'm guessing it's never going to happen for me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  13. Allyx

Trust me, when it happens you'll know who it is.

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I know who it is, and its really quite clever, you don't even need to have played the module - the game gives you clues to who it is if you complete enough of it

15. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Possible trap bug. I have just started playing with the 5.0.0 version. In the tower with the spider, there is a trapped chest. The first time I encountered this chest with 5.0.0, it worked just like it always did - the Disable Device DC was in the high 20s somewhere, and my rogue automatically took 20 when trying to disable it. On my current run through, however, the DC was listed as 18 or something in that range and my rogue rolled rather than taking 20.

Also, I think the rolling may have been busted - my rogue never rolled better than a 6 in six attempts, as though he were rolling on a d6 rather than a d20. While this could happen at random, the probability of rolling 6 or worse on a d20 six times in a row is about seven one hundredths of one percent! So something freaky was almost certainly going on there.

There was one other thing I noticed, but I think it's an old bug. At one point the same rogue took some Con damage from a different trap, and even after his Constitution was back to normal his portrait still had the little flag saying he had ability damage on his Con.

(By the way, I saw some discussion of Magic Vestment. Just in case it's not clear, being able to cast Magic Vestment on ordinary clothing is not, in and of itself, a bug. Being able to use item creation feats to upgrade the resulting item, however, is most definitely outside the spirit of the rules. It seems to me you could read the letter of the rules as allowing this, but I and any other DM I know would would just tell a player who tried to pull that to stop being stupid.)

Our Host!