Cloak without the hood?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by ShadowDeth, May 25, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

This has always been a small annoyance to me while playing toee.

Is there a way to have a cloaked model with the hood down? I know there is probably a simple work around to put something on your head that counts as being worn on the model, but doesn't actually show up. My previous work around was to get the Bicorne and go to town, but being a pirate gets old after a while.

I'd love to have my sneaky cloaks while keeping my flowing head of hair.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you check the traders on the shopmap, one of then (the clothing shop I think) has 2 simple circlets, buy both (they are different, but look and cost the same) one removes the cloak's hood, the other doesn't (I just can't remember which one does).

3. ShadowDeth

Perfect. Thank you very much.

I actually thought I had tried that before, but I guess I didn't check both of them.

edit - It was the crown. :yes:

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

There is also a "hoodless circlet" in the protos.tab that you can console in. It looks like a gold circlet in the inventory, but when placed on the character's head it actually disappears completely and removes the hood. I don't know the item number off-hand, unfortunately, but I console myself one for the characters I want hoodless everytime I start a new game.

5. ShadowDeth

What is the console for it? I couldn't find it in the item list.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Hoodless Circlet -> 6335

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

thanks krunch.

I made the hoodless circlet just cos I wnated the same thing as you, and from spending time here I could tell I wasn't the only one. Now if one of the traders on the shop map sold them that would be some thing

8. ShadowDeth

Works fine, but I noticed it makes a character with pigtails look like they have a buzzcut.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well if it really anoys you that much you could mod all, say black cloaks, to have no hoods. go to data/rules in your toee folder, open addmesh.mes and find the line // 13700-13799 black cloak and then remove every thing in that block after the semi-colon (and the semi-colon) eg remove the red text
    {13700}{art\meshes\cloaks\PC_cloak_black_male_human_addmesh.SKM;art\meshes\cloaks\PC_cloak_hood_black_male_human_addmesh.SKM}
    just remember that this will change all black cloaks in the game to be hoodless, if you want you can do it for a particular sex and race, in the example above only human males will have no hood and everyone else would if you only touched that line.

10. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

look under the data/meshes/cloaks i inculded a modded version of my cloak template with sperated hood and cloak :) CLOAK TEMPLATE

i did this specifaly for this reason for future modders who might want just a hood or just cloak hehe,

i used this mod in the cloak of archnida if you notice the hood is textured differntly:) on that to make your own all youll need to do is copy the archnida format for naming and syntax and if your in the know make new tables for the item and .mes files etc...

and its really simple to just make an 100% alpha map for cloak hood and...... bingo no hood!

if all else fails ask me nicely pick soem design or colours:) and i might be tempted to make a fully working version for ya and get it added.

11. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

Spaceman,

I have 2 questions. 1. How about changing cloaks of elvenkind to a grey color? 2. Is there a way in the protos to change a headband of intellect to a hoodless form?

H

12. Kalshane

I'd love to see a grey cloak of elvenkind (it was changed from green to black to make it more appropriate for rogues, but now it looks out of place on rangers.) The grey would be by the book, and generic enough it wouldn't look out of place on either.

There is. It's simply a matter of changing the size from small to medium in the protos.tab. The problem is not everyone is going to want their headbands of intellect to make their wizard hoodless.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

IIRC the cloak of elvenkind has been reworked to be a transparent grey colour in the 5.0.0 mod (not 100% sure if that has been added to the mod pack, but the work was done, and it looked bloody nice to boot). the headbands of intelect can be altered in protos.tab to remove the hood (look up the hoodless circlet, find the helm type, and copy whatever it says there, paste it in the same column for the headbands of intelect (there are 3) and hit enter* then save it.

14. Kalshane

They're still black in 5.0 currently.

15. Keolander

Keolander Member

Ok,

since we're on cloaks, is there any way to get blue, purple, brown and other colours for cloaks?

Also, is there a way to modify the robes so as to make a tabard/robe combination (I've been watching Kingdom of Heaven lately)?

Our Host!