Otis, Elmo, The merc, and Kobort, Modders please read.

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kail, Oct 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kail

Kail Member

That merc you can hire from dav is broken (I think) once he leaves the group, he's gone for good. There has to be a way to make him return to the shop, no?

Elmo is broken, if I tell him to leave he often goes red and attacks.

Otis is broken, if he joins my party he no longer acts as a blacksmith when I make him leave. He also leaves after I visit the temple and then go back to Nulb to store stuff at my house. There has GOT to be a way to fix this, by simply adding the shop node back after he leaves and adding the join up node after the temple thing.

Kobort only works with the monk. Yes I know, this one isn't a big deal, it's meant to be that way, but I was thinking, a node could be added that makes him join without that annoying monk, maybe for those who take the Lawful Evil opening only. =)

To start modding takes time, I learned to mod morrowind, I learned to mod Baulder's Gate, I really don't feel like getting started on this, but I know a lot of you already know how to mod this game and I'm confident adding these fixes would be easy enough for one who knows how. If it's no trouble, and someone feels like taking this up, an NPC fix patch would be very much appreciated by quite a few folks, I'm sure.

2. Kail

Kail Member

*Shameless Bump*

Erm, I guess I'm the only one interested... Sooner or later I'm gonna delve into modding this game anyway so I might as well get started, though I doubt I will go far without IEEP grade tools (not sure what kind of tools are currentle being used, about to find out).

3. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

The going hostile thing is a known bug and nothing Co8 can fix, I believe the disappearing thing is due to the day/night standpoint ignore the map column when having them run off. It jsut assumes same map, I found that out with mickey not going back to brewery. that is also beyond my fix ability an exe issue I believe.

4. Kail

Kail Member

Hell

I tried and I've never modded a game like this. I'm utterly clueless as to how the tools work because, for me, understanding how they work means understanding why they work. Why the hell they didn't just use the IE is beyond me, from the looks of it you could have done anything but the character resizing with it twice as easy and twice as good.

5. JHunz

JHunz Member

Actually, I think I could fix the NPCs going hostile bug, but the newest patch announcement indicates that's already going to be fixed in the official patch.

6. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

There's some stuff that might not be fixed in the patch, though. We already know that Children and the Brothel aren't going back in so we'll still have to keep working on that.

However, there's stuff like NPCs looting too much until they become overencumbered. As it is, I don't really like the way we fixed it - i.e. just looting gold, because that isn't exactly 'fair'. It'd be nice if we could make them loot only certain items (say anything valued over 400gp) so they wouldn't pick up crappy leathers or those rusted weapons and gnoll shields you find lying around in dungeons.

Chances are, Troika wont fix this, so we might have to.

7. cerda

cerda Member

The hostile problem might be fixed by setting reaction ...
    I was ispired by make_like script mentioned by Phalzyr in the other thread,
    which uses reaction_set( pc, 71 ) function ...
    Just try to add it to .py file for 'problematic' person san_disband function (this piece of code is from lareth script):

def san_disband( attachee, triggerer ):
     for pc in game.party:
      attachee.ai_shitlist_remove( pc )
      attachee.reaction_set( pc, 71 )
     for npc in game.obj_list_vicinity(attachee.location,OLC_NPC):
      for pc in game.party:
       npc.ai_shitlist_remove( pc )
       npc.reaction_set( pc, 71 )
     return RUN_DEFAULT

btw. When I try to disband Darley in Hommelet she always attacks, when I try the same in Nulb she doesn't attack ...

Our Host!