The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

When you find them it will become clear immediately, just keep going.

I went ahead and fixed this one, good catch

This has been fixed download below
    That is correct there is one more action to complete the quest.

That should be a –2, good catch, This has been fixed download below

This puzzle has been in the game since an earlier release and I would not feel comfortable altering someone else’s mod. It is supposed to be perplexing.

This download fixes the three things identified above.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I'm not sure I understand this.

There is a code to spawn the miniature chest, which can be used to summon the large chest.

When you say the text was all garbled and unreadable, do you mean the text of from the note in the chest? That note can be spawned separately from the chest as well.

Please let me know exactly what happened, and I will try to get it fixed.

3. Cerulean the Blue

This has always happened in my games, unless I use the Humble NPC patch.

I know about this one. I've worked very hard to try and fix it, to no avail. The goblins will go after anything they show up with, be it hobgoblins, wolves or bugbears. I'm still working on it.

4. Cerulean the Blue

For some reason I cannot log into the FTP server anymore. I have PMed Taluntain, and as soon as this is resolved I will update the Cumulative Fixes with Allyx's latest stuff and rufnredde's patch. Until then, I won't be able to update the Cumulative Fixes.

[EDIT] Tal came through just as I was posting the above statement. The Cumulative Fixes have been updated to include Allyx's Verbobonc Fixes Parts 5 and 6 (including the proto.tab), and rufnredde's Crafting_Descriptions Fixes.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  5. Grill Kick

Grill Kick Member

In regards to the fellow having the problem with NPCs having no armor/clothes on the shopmap, I believe I know the cause(or an indication of it). I had the same problem when installing the Co8beta5 package and selecting the "PCs start with no armor" option. Although in my case it also made dialog impossible with the NPCs! Upon reinstallation with that option unselected, the npcs were clothed as normal. I hope this helps :) BTW, thanks for all the great work all of you put into my favorite game! I've been avidly following your progress since the beginning, and will continue to do so. :)

6. Cerulean the Blue

There is something else behind this issue, not the "no clothing" or "no weapons" option. Even aside from the fact that I cannot replicate this bug, there is no way those options can cause this issue.

Those options only have one file different. each, from the Shop Map option without either of those options. Neither of those files can effect NPCs in any way. They only have effect on PCs.

The fact that you could not initiate dialog as well means that while you had the map and the temple.dll, you did not have the scripts. This cannot be caused by intalling those options.

This issue sounds more like a faulty install issue, or a "starting the game using the stock shortcut rather than the ToEEFE shortcut" issue.

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Ran into the kobold random encounter. Which prompted me to check under the hood. The regular kobolds CR was too high and their skills were wrong. The kobold sergeant had too many skill points and was missing some feats. I fixed them and also gave the sergeant his own inventory to reflect the feats and the fact that with 3 class levels, he's going to be better equiped than his cohorts. (I wanted to give him weapon finesse and TWF, but the game won't make a creature dual-wield daggers.)

Extract to base Temple directory.

Attached Files:

8. Grill Kick

Grill Kick Member

:shy: Snap.

9. Cerulean the Blue

Thanks Kalshane. I hadn't got around to incorporating the info you gave me into the proto yet. I have merged it into the files now and it will be part of the next Cumulative Fix update. I wouldn't advise using your files, but only because they don't have the latest Verbobonc fix in them. I'll be updating the Cumulative fixes again tomorrow (I feel more than one update a day is overdoing it a bit - besides, I'm going to bed). :p

@Grill Kick: Sorry if I sounded kind of harsh. It wasn't intended. I'm glad you were trying to figure out the problem. That's exactly what all of us try to do here, and we are wrong more often than we are right. Keep it up. :)

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A couple more minor fixes, (one dialogue Grrr.) I gave the 6th level Drow fighters immunity to web because the cloaks I gave them don't seem to work, and altered the spell choices for the wizards and clerics in verbobonc. I also gave the Matriarch a slightly higher strength score to counter her encumberance - she's no longer encumbered with her starting gear. And somehow I forgot to add the other reputation trigger to the assassin leaders dialogue, D'oh.

Attached Files:

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

:yikes:

A thousand apologies dude :notworthy
    Sorry, lazy modding on my part.
    Yeah, i picked that up just recently myself. In future, don't save there ;)

I have some theories on what that is, but will have to do some testing.
    Thanks man :)

12. Kalshane

Well, they wouldn't have the fix 7 Allyx just released, obviously, but did I manage to miss another fix somehow? I had installed the latest fixes before I started tinkering. But no biggie, as long as they get in there. :)

Upon further reflection last night, I was wondering if we shouldn't reduce the kobold sergeant's CR by 1 or maybe even 2. It's not strictly by the rules (the MM entry only suggests reducing the CR of Kobolds with NPC classes by 3. It makes no mention of PC classes. And level 3 kobold rogue or sorcerer would probably be fine as CR 3.) But they're really not inclined to be fighters considering the massive penalty to Strength and further penalty to Con and the sections in the back of the MM that talk about creating and advancing creatures say you can reduce the CR increase for character levels if the class goes against the creature's strengths. As it is, he dies really easily and is considered a bigger threat than a bugbear. Some tweaking as suggested by the section of the MM seems to be in order. Especially since if he had been a warrior, he'd only be CR 1/2. A couple extra hitpoints and 2 feats shouldn't be enough to kick him all the way up to a CR of 3.

Allyx, did you want me to take a look at the drow, or are you confidant you've got them right?

One of these days I need to re-do my monsters and the protos guide I typed up a couple months back in the "So Whaddya Know?" thread. I spent about an hour on it and the site inevitably crashed when I went to hit "post". I was too frustrated to try again when the site came back.

13. haywood

haywood Member

Some more bugs:
    1. When you rescue Riana in the southern room of the brothel, the speech says "This is incredible" but the text says "That is incredible". Suggestion: change the text.
    2. Right after I saved, I slaughtered Mother Screng and her friend Hruda. I then noticed I had acquired some "DO NOT USE" arrows. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug again. I think I actually picked the arrows up off of the floor right next to Hruda after killing her. I don't think I got them from Mother Screng's corpse (she doesn't use arrows) or Hruda's corpse.
    3. While wielding a dagger and wearing a wooden elven shield, my wizard can still cast spells with somatic components. You are supposed to need a free hand to cast such spells.

14. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

The text of the the Witches Sisteer was unreadble

15. Kalshane

There's little blue circles in various parts of the game. If you somehow manage to pick them up, they are inevitably some kind of missle weapon that says "DO NOT USE". They seem to have been used by Troika as spawners of some kind.

This isn't a bug. In the ToEE manual, Troika says they intentionally allow spellcasters to cast with their hands full. Which I'm fine with. It would be major PITA to manually put your cleric's weapon or shield away every time you wanted to cast a spell.

Our Host!