The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

Yes I did, I used the same chest for 2 of the traders in Verbobonc (don't ask me why), when thier inventory refreshed, I got Otis' loot, so I removed the invensource entry for the container and thier inventory doesn't refresh now, but at least Otis' loot doesn't appear. I also checked Otis' stash and it appears to be completely unaffected by the lack of invensource number in the protos (I assume that detail is hardcoded into the mob file).

It seemed easier to fix the traders this way than rebuilding both containers from scratch.

[EDIT] Just had a thought, perhaps this is the reason why refreshable inventories aren't... well... refreshing?

@Agetian, could you double check that the container invensource number overrides the protos.tab entry? Because I'm not sure that it does. Or perhaps take a look at the traders mob files in the 5.0.0 and my fixes? Because I can't find the reason why their inventories aren't refreshing.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There's a time and a place Nerik ;) You shouldn't have to summon critters because u open a door and some bats swoop out.

I instinctively used tougher bats for the encounter following your same mode of thought (and there are no simple bats in the protos.tab anyways). The stirges make a very nice alternative though.

3. Allyx

Ok, so unless any more bugs are reported about Verbobonc, I'm finished fixing all the bugs, this small fix should go on top of Blue's latest cumulative fixes.

It includes the protos tab Blue left out (please report anything about Otis' stash, whether it appears normally or not).

And I'm finally happy with this dialogue file for the Viscount.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  4. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Err... that was Virtual SpACEman not me.

Well, we could just add normal bats (appropriate mesh exists), but the only 3.5/d20 SRD write up of bats is the Bat Swarm, which, as you can see from the link, presents a few problems:
    It is a swarm of creatures - I'm not sure if swarms can be implimented in the game.
    They inflict wounding damage - can this be done in the game?

So Stirges are probably the way to go, IIRC there were 'Giant Bats' in earlier versions of the game ('real' D&D, AD&D 1 & 2) that were 1-2 HD IIRC, but they aren't in the SRD.

Charles

5. pippetta

pippetta Member

1st bug: the game crashes when quicksaveing
    2nd: in shopmap Npc are... naked!!!
    3rd: only the woman in shopmap is capable of any sort of dialogue

installed Game+Patch2+Coo 5.00 + cumulative fix may 17 +verbo part 4...

i don't know what'swrong... i'll erase all and re install... did u have any similoar prob?

6. Allyx

@pippetta;

1) Quicksaves shouldn't be used anyway - they cause saved game corruption and always have AFAIK.
    2 & 3) Which option's did you choose when you installed the game? It sounds like the options you chose are bugged. I'd re-install the 5.0.0 beta (full install) to get it working, but knowing which options were chosen will help get the installer fixed for the full release.

7. pippetta

pippetta Member

i tiked every option... included desperated housewife and both shopmaps' subb option

8. Allyx

Did you launch the game from the Frontend? I ask because you should have done, and you should also make sure you select the Co8-5.0.0 module in the modules window (click the save setting button to make this option the default option when you launch Frontend again).

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  9. pippetta

pippetta Member

I did everything 5.0.0 is the default module... :(

10. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Dude. I was using tactics. Making use of the doorway so as to only fight one at a time, etc. The biggest problems were 2 of the bats were fiendish, which meant 1) they had DR 5/Magic and at low levels characters don't magic weapons. 2) They had SR 9, which meant my caster's spells fizzled a little under half of the time. 3) They have 4hd, which means a crapload of hitpoints on top of the DR and a good attack modifier. 4) They do enough damage to drop 1st and most 2nd level characters with one hit. 3rd levels on a critical. 5) Their high dex meant for a high AC.

Even with my tanks surrounding the doorway and pounding on them one at a time and the rest of my party trying to hit them with missiles and spells, I wasn't able to drop a single bat before my entire party died at 1st level. At 2nd level I think I managed to kill the first, but the 2nd fiend slaughtered the rest of the party. It is just too high-level an encounter for the the 1st floor of the 1st dungeon.

Most giant animals are now dire animals. So using dire bats in the place of giant bats is correct per the rules.

11. haywood

haywood Member

I still haven't found Verbobonc (no idea who to talk to), but I was able to find a few bugs:

While crafting wondrous items, I noticed that some items don't have the same capitalization style as other items:
    -Dust of disappearance
    -Chime of opening
    -Rope of entanglement

The description for Weapon Specialization doesn't list Weapon Focus as a prerequisite. It should.

I killed Lareth and earned the Moathouse Cleaner reputation, but the "Clear the Moathouse" quest was merely "accepted", not "completed".

Gladiator Armor has a positive armor check penalty (+2). Most armors, even Masterwork Gladiator Armor, have negative penalties.

I think the wording of Burne's second puzzle is a bit confusing. "no one made the same number of greetings" didn't make sense to me. At first I thought it meant that no one made the same number of greetings as Prishella. Also, it's not really clear that Burne should be excluded from this statement. It might be clearer to say "of the people I asked, no two made the same number of greetings".

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  12. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

:pelvicthr Is there a code to spawn the extraplaner chest, as when I was dealing with the witche's sister after the Drow fight, the text was all garbled and unreadable.. Also, if my memory is correct and it has been a few years since the advent of the Drow adventures in the Forgetten Realms series; When drow equipment is exposed to sunlight it is destroyed... wouldn't this be a twist on the adventurer....:pelvicthr

13. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

That was changed in 3.0. The designers felt it was unfair to PCs. The 3.x rules are designed around the idea that creatures with character classes are going to have a certain amount of magical gear to use against the party, but the party will then get that gear once it's done.

If drow equipment still disintigrated in sunlight, they would have to have two sets of CRs based on whether they are using drow equipment or regular equipment, which is an extra complication.

14. Hunter

Hunter Digging KOTB

Found a couple of bugs in the "forest".

Spoilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. upon arrival, the drow fighter and cleric are naked, but don their armor on their turn
    2. I saved after the drow fight and before talking to the captive, when I reloaded, there was a green ball in the middle of the battlefield and the door to leave was missing

otherwise, that was some excellent new content -- had a lot of fun

15. Allyx

Ok, final dialogue fix for Verbobonc (I promise).

@haywood; If you haven't got to the temple yet, you wouldn't notice anything different. This is as I intend it to be, as low level characters wouldn't stand a chance (and there wouldn't be much they could do there anyway). I know this answer sounds a little cryptic, but when you've visited Vebobonc a few times you'll understand what I mean.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
Our Host!