The 5.0.0 beta 1 Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, May 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Re: Co8 5.0.0 beta 1 thread

Isn't mithril plate one of the items offered by the secret merchant you can do business with if you complete the Lil' Amii quest and followup with her father?

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Doubtful. I added it as part of my protos.tab updates. Unless I missed something and there are now two mithral plate entries in the protos.tab.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re-posting my latest set of fixes, I used the same flag number for 2 different NPC's (again) which has now been fixed, It was probably causing strange things to happen in certain circumstances.

Added new versions of the Nybble and Wilfrick dialogues.

Please download the cumulative patch and these latest fixes.

[EDIT] I re-uploaded to fix Nybble's dialogue (yet again) and tested, it should work fine now.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I added the new things I saw (like the silver No Dachi) to Ah Fong's InvenSource refresh thing, though I didn't have a chance to mob them all in before the deadline. Happy to do that :)

Funny you should ask though, I was just trying to get Ah Fong to respawn his inventory to make sure they appeared alright, and I couldn't get the damn thing to respawn. Nothing new there - i have always had problems trying to do that simplest of tasks (and no i didn't just stand next to him and hit 'pass time' before some clown asks me). I wandered off, hit a random encounter, and afterwards tried to take a nap.

7 consecutive occurances of being woken up by random encounters later and I gave up :yawn:

@ Libri - I started a new game, had no problems whatsoever with the upstairs tenants or Clarisse. Couldn't emulate your bug problems, sorry.

@ Krunch - same for you in the labourers camp. I tried changing sectors, going from night to day with Jayfie and the boys around, going from day to night with them not around, nothing i did caused a CTD.

On a happier note, here is a new pack of critters for the moathouse to replace those stupid bats. I have used stirges - not exactly by-the-module, but the actual combat is spot-on what I wanted. Unzip this to the modules /Co8 5.0.0 / maps folder.

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] This is included in the Cumulative Fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@shiningted: Here's more detailed information [in case something is important].

Maybe you can read the following and read something I overlooked and did not mention before that would have been helpful? Probably not, but here it is just in case.

My party accepts the quest from Burne. The party goes to the new castle construction site during daylight hours. Jayfie and the day labor camp workers are not there. The party goes to the tent city, talks with the gal [little miss tatoos] and gets the subtle dialogue. Next, the party goes to rest for whatever amount of time. I selected resting between 8 hours and 3 days with testing several times. Then, the party goes to the work site during daylight hours. Whereupon, the day labor workers have spawned and are at the site. However, Jayfie is still not spawned. After the other workers are present [but not Jayfie], if I click the pass time button and select any amount of time while the party is at the work site standing a little bit away from where Jayfie should spawn, the game experiences a CTD.

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  6. Libri

Libri Member

Oddly enough, I no longer have them. DH is working fine now. Unfortunately, I have no idea what made the bugs go away. The only thing I did different was look in to see if Clarisse was there (she was). After that my repeatable DH bugs went away. Of course now I have bugs in that NPCs aren't automatically leveling (fixed by installing Drifters patch to .dll, I thought I'd be hardcore when I installed 5.0.0.0, but really, who doesn't want their NPCs humble and player levelable). Also, Elmo now has an invisible torso. Don't know yet if repeatable. This is why I think the problem is my system, I have ALWAYS had a history of weird things happening with this game. Probably the coolest was when the engine treated all hits as criticals, that one never repeated.

Oh thank goodness. Those dire bats were mean. I took a fully equipped 2nd level party against the revised bat encounter, and walked away with 2 party members dead, 1 charmed bandit dead, and everyone else looking like shredded confetti (highest hp was 3), with all spells/scrolls depleted. If they had made it into the mod intact, I was going to leave that room alone until about 4th level.

It strikes me that one of the problems you modders have is the widely varying levels of ability a similar level party can have with this engine. For example, add Elmo into the mix, have a wizard who has scribed 57 magic missile/charm person/sleep scrolls, a player who gets the Radiant Longsword before going anywhere else, and optimized stat characters (as opposed to standard point buy) and the bats would not have been nearly that hard. Another example would be undead suffering from the uber-destroyer Cleric of Pelor. I may start a thread in the TOEE section seeing what "house rules" if any, others use to handicap themselves. I have a bunch.

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Has anyone run into issues creating Wondrous Items or Crafting Arms... It lists code in the box so you can not see... Also When Viewing the list to create the Basswood box it does the same ... or did I miss an update file.

Is there a list yet of the necessary update files..:drunk:

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Cumulative fixes can be found here.

My latest changes are here.

Shiningted's latest fixes are here.

9. Kalshane

Yeah. I've made several trips back to Ah Fong and his inventory hasn't changed for me.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Allyx said the same thing - when I add the new stuff to his box, I will check that it is set to respawn properly. Mind u I have a nightmare time getting anyone to respawn on demand, but maybe thats just me.

Krunch: 10 543 apologies, I was testing in among the tents. I will try down at the work site.

Libri: I only had a good long look at those damn bats last night. I originally stupidly just assumed they would be around 0.5-1 hd bigger than a dinky bat. 4hd?? 17 Str / 22 Dex / 17 Con? DR & SR? For BATS???? Dire my behind, they're practically the equivalent of a 4th lvl Elven Fighter! They're ludicrous, I may as well have just put 4 vrocks in there. My bad for not checking.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

A few things -

Suggestion: Ted or Blue or Morph or Ag, if one of you cares to labor over it, maybe the posts here involving the ambush should be moved over to the ambush thread. That way the pall of that debacle won't continue to hang over this thread.

Report: I've noticed that if you talk to Rannos and Gremag with NPCs in your party, when their "Hey, I'm bartering with someone else!" line comes up, they say it twice. Once when you're actually talking to them, and once when the barter screen comes up. Can't remember if this used to happen with other merchants.

Notice: I'm going to remix all the new voice audio down to 64 kbps mono, which is what Troika had their original voice stuff at. I've come to the conclusion that voice audio probably should be mono, as people don't speak in stereo (as opposed to ambient sounds, etc.). The new stuff as it is now sounds sort of strangely dynamic to me in-game. Plus, the smaller file size will reduce the DL burden of the mod. (I'm actually thinking of pulling the voice sets altogether and making them an optional download for this reason. If Zorn and crew kick out several more, the bulk of the mod will be voice files.)

12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Moved as requested Gaear. Allyx actually asked me to do this a few days ago when he started the new thread, but I didn't want to do it until somebody asked publicly.

13. Kalshane

I frequently have that problem with all merchants. They have a tendency to repeat whatever their last line of dialogue was when the barter screen opens.

Bug, sort of: I've had two random encounters consisting of hobgoblins and goblins, different amounts of each and the goblins and hobgoblins end up fighting each other, so there's some kind of faction issue.

Well, the DR and SR are only there if you make them Fiendish, Ted, but no, they're certainly not pushovers. Hence my whining earlier. :)

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The Cumulative Fixes have been updated. It now includes:

-Allyx's Verbobonc Fix part 4, except for his proto.tab.

-Shiningted's Bat Fix

-What is hopefully the last fix for the Extraplanar Chest. It should now correctly recall the contents of the chest across multiple saved games.

@Allyx: I didn't include the proto.tab because the only change I could find was the removal of the InvenSource number for Otis' Anvil. Did you mean to do that?

15. Virtual SpACEman

Virtual SpACEman Established Member

Quote:
    I've noticed that if you talk to Rannos and Gremag with NPCs in your party, when their "Hey, I'm bartering with someone else!" line comes up, they say it twice. Once when you're actually talking to them, and once when the barter screen comes up. Can't remember if this used to happen with other merchants.

I frequently have that problem with all merchants. They have a tendency to repeat whatever their last line of dialogue was when the barter screen opens.

Bug, sort of: I've had two random encounters consisting of hobgoblins and goblins, different amounts of each and the goblins and hobgoblins end up fighting each other, so there's some kind of faction issue.

Quote:
    4hd?? 17 Str / 22 Dex / 17 Con? DR & SR? For BATS????

Well, the DR and SR are only there if you make them Fiendish, Ted, but no, they're certainly not pushovers. Hence my whining earlier.

tough fight for sure but not undoable i beat it with smart tactical play ie use doorways etc shielding spells, summon creatures.

i kinda like how not every fight is a push over for any party, making more fights like this forces ppl to use tactics!!! and that in the end is far more satisfying for me than just bum rush and hack.

Our Host!