Having an awful time getting the TOEEFE 4.0 to work

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tenebrae Seraph, May 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tenebrae Seraph

Tenebrae Seraph Sorcerer Politician

Having an awful time getting the TOEEFE 4.0 to work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I use the Front end Icon to load
    Here is what I have done

1. installed disc of toee
    2. run atari patch 1
    3. run atari patch 2
    4. install mod 4.0 with front end
    (up to here was pretty easy, double check the read me files and everything auto installs)
    5. Download the 4.0.1 patch
    here I had to guess on what to do because you dont have an installer & no step by step instructions.
    (i dragged the data & module folders into the toee folder so windows would ask me if I want to overwrite and I say yes to all)
    that should be the way it works right?
    I am very frustrated
    when I load the game everything seems to be working fine,(oh the portrait pack seems to work ok)
    but the shop map does not come up at all
    the level uncapper does not work (tested with levelup)
    & when I Quit game the game crashes with some strange data read error???

I really just want to play the game through with Scather fixed & level cap to 12
    any alternative suggestions??

2. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

Uh, did you activate the 4.0 module from the frontend? I had similar problems until I found out that it didn't activate on its own.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

1st thought - If it is not already installed on that computer, please, download and install Microsoft dotNET version 1.1 (x86) redistribution package from the microsoft.com website.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

If this is an error which is going to pop up quite often and is solved by this, it might be worth PMing Gaear the link so he can update the installation sticky with an additional optional step.

Our Host!