Spell DC question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gawain, Apr 13, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gawain

Gawain Member

My 4th level Sorcerer opened the fight against the hill giant in Emridy Meadows by casting Tashas Hideous Laughter. The hill giant made the save and I looked in the roll window to see the difficulty class for the spell given as 11. My understanding is that with a 2nd level spell and a charisma bonus of 3, the DC should be 15. So I tested the same spell on another party member, and the roll window shows the DC as 15. I re-loaded the game, did more than one Tashas casting in the fight, and all the time DC=11 against the hill giant. The roll window does show the hill giant has a racial bonus +4, but that's on his side. Is this a bug, or something special with the spell, or something special with the opponent?

I have the latest Atari patches, C08 4 etc.

Many thanks.

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Short Answer: If you did a search on the forum, I'm sure the answer to this would come up. I made the same mistake myself and it was discussed.

Long Answer:

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I can see that. Why would the giant laugh at some dumb-ass throwing a bunch of miniature pies at him, and trying to tickle him from waaay over there with a stupid little feather? That's just asking to get pounded into goo. Now, the rest of the party might think the spectacle was unbearably funny.

4. Gawain

Gawain Member

Those black widow spiders love a good joke though. Had a couple of them rolling about in the moathouse.

Thanks again. I see the thread now in which it was discussed - sometimes you've got to dig deep.

Our Host!