protos.tab question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by dwarvenale, Oct 15, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. dwarvenale

dwarvenale Member

do i have to totally restart teh game to see changes i made in protos.tab after saving file? or can i just load a game and see changes? also which field would i have to modify to make 2h weapons, 1h useable, aka hedraks hammer to a 1 handed weapon, i tried type changed from warhammer (15) to shortsword (2) also made the weapon_primary_secondary thing to the correct form from a 2h to a 1h and no luck, any hints?

2. Joviex

Joviex Member

I would bet dollars to doughtnuts that you will have to restart the game. The Protos file is not very large, thus, it is most likely completely loaded at runtime, since going back to disk is slower than memory, of course.

There may be a way to "reaload" the changes via a console of some sort, but I haven't seen anyone find said console, even though there did appear to be one from some of the data in the DAT files.

3. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings Member

No, you don't need to start a new game. Just load a file with the new protos.tab and everything will update as soon as you load. If you mess with items and things though, it's a good idea to go into everyone's inventory and unequip / re-equip the things you changed to make sure nothing weird is happening.

-tom

4. dwarvenale

dwarvenale Member

found the answer

you DO need to restart the game to see any changes you made during your editing of the protos.tab if you look closely when you start the new game you can see it loading. ive had a ton of success without using an edior as far as editing stats , exp, portraits , changing items in game to look like other items, ect ect, thanks alot for posting your problems / solutions.

Our Host!