Cannot install the Patches

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aben, Feb 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aben

Aben Member

Greetings all.

I got ToEE when it first came out, but that was back on my old machine. I had the downloaded version which I paid for and unlocked with the authentication code.

So when I got my new machine I just copied the files over to my new hard-drive. ToEE still runs, but I haven't got any of the patches installed so it's basically buggy as hell and unplayable under XP since I can't even loot.

So I got all the patches, but the problem now is that when I run the patch exes it says "Unable to find version USA, ANY on your computer"

I can't find toee in the registry, but I tried adding a key that was similar to the demo key, which IS still there.

In short - does anyone know a way around this or will I just have to give up?

Thanks

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Have a look at the Common Issues and Solutions thread. Try adding the registry info for the retail version of ToEE manually, as described in post #19.

3. pierre_o

pierre_o serial installer

The latest version from Trymedia has official patch 2 included so install it and you are set for Co8 patches.

Our Host!