changes to protos.tab

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by dwarvenale, Oct 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. dwarvenale

dwarvenale Member

changes i would make to protos.tab would only occur in new games that i start? or would they take effect in saved games, i want to mess with item icons, AKA make my lvl 10 fighters hammer look like an axe, or make my wizards padded armor look like a robe or something. would i have to start a new game for the changes i make in protos.tab to take effect? or would changes i made in that file even effect the game itself? dosent seem to be working ATM, but im also a bit confused,
    thanks

2. Joviex

Joviex Member

The protos.tab file is a prototype file. It holds all the prototypes for the game. You change it, it affects everything. The game references that file for everything with a few exceptions (like spells). Basically, anything that is tangaible in the virtual world of ToEE is in there and persists between games.

NOW, you can make a backup, and swap it out each time you want to use a certain file with a certain game. Granted, a major pain in my carpeltunnel, but definately possible. I am thinking this is what a "mod" manager program would do.

I would love to hack one together, but I am currently working on an editor. Hopefully someone will have a "mod" swapper in short order.

Our Host!