Modders to builders

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by CnfRebWlf, Jan 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. CnfRebWlf

CnfRebWlf Dungeon Master

Modders, I am no programer in any way.. Just had an Idea for you to think about..

How about creating a game of your own. Using the skills you have..

Please read on only if your interested in listening to my idea

Name Ideas.. "Caverens of Fortitude" "The Forgotten Ones"

game base same as ToEE. New map more locations More levels and functions.

Levels upto 25
    Each class can rise up to 25
    When dual classing each new class costs 1000 more xp than original class

example: human fighter1 to start
    at 3000exp ranger1
    at 7000exp level up ranger or return to fighter
    if choose fighter next level 10000 if choose ranger
    next level 11000
    Map certain things open up as you advance oviously... but heres some things that should be on the map...
    main city like Hommlet
    a temple kind of like elemental temple..
    a city like nulb
    plus a city based on retail /shops/inns/taverns/market with constantly changing traders
    kind of like a flea market
    2 more cities left to your creative minds... One should have an evil overlay...
    There should also be wastelands like a destroyed city or castle like the moathouse just
    bigger
    a graveyard with caskets and keeps
    maybe a few more extras like deklo trees
    Most important caves or caverns.. where the bad guy at the end of each one is a dragon
    Red dragon/ blue dragon/ silver dragon/ and so on depending
    on how many you want to build.
    1 more cavern with should house a good dragon

The neat thing I think would be your goal would be becoming a hero.. Not just defeating one major bad guy.. discover several rare or special objects. Defeat multiple major bad guys.. and othe plots like cleaning up the graveyard or clearing the dungeons of the temple I hope I have given you good ideas... I also hop you will take all this into account

Thank you for listening to the ramblings of a D&D fanatic

2. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

like i've said before, i think i'd rather stick to finishing what i've started first...

3. CnfRebWlf

CnfRebWlf Dungeon Master

Moosehead.. I agree with copleting what you started.. This is for those who interested
    in going on to something. New..

One of the best games D&D games I ever played was pool of Radiance the original..
    But with Play format and function in Temple of elemental evil.. I think PoR it could be taken to a New level.. But instead of just upgrading or remaking a game. I figure Why not just build a new one... Plus for those of you out there interested.. This could be marketed and possibly make you some cash flow.. Or could be used as venue for financialy supporting Circle of Eight...

Don't take me the Wrong way I love the mods that you all have made..
    Thats why I think You could create an RPG to top all others....By utilizing the
    Things that True D&D players like..

As an ad on to my original post...Just thinking to put the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
    back into D&D....
    Thank you for listening...

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Look around. Some of us are already working on a completely new module that is not related to ToEE whatsoever. It is called Keep on the Borderlands (KotB for short). It has it's own forum in the ToEE Modding Section. Check it out.

Our Host!