OK, simple question about DH---Spoilers---

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Dec 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

Granted, Ted wants to buy our children for some reason, and has a history of licking fungi and frogs, but I always thought that was just a clever ruse to disguise a nice guy.

That being said, just how EVIL are the Desperate Housewives Ted?! I am playing a "good" group (my 3rd go thru-no Paly but a ranger and some other goodies) and my first "chat" with Renton's wife was...scary. I did NOT accept the quest yet, because it seemed very evil. Is this the vein of these quests?

Also, isn't she Otis(Very good guy) and Elmo(also a good, if drunk, hero)'s MOTHER? Not counting Renton (Because there's not enough dialogue yet to peg him anything but neutral) then those two nuts fell far, very far from mommy's witch tree of demonry!

Some one please give me the gist of the DH quests as to whether I can "role-play" a good party through it with a clear conscience.

And, yes C-Blue, I did a search (nifty feature that) and read a few posts, but they all semed to talk about bugs and tips and not content or alignment of the quests in general. :(

Thanks all!

2. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

well a few parts of the quest seem pretty good...saving characters from the temple for example. But i don't know if a lawful good alignment probably wouldn't do this. maybe a chaotic good would do it.

3. Da_Ediot

Da_Ediot Member

Witches are by nature, mostly neutral. They do both good and bad, lawful and chaotic. This quest seems to be mostly neutral. And very funny. Remember this is a village and they dabble in magic. Kinda of a women's sewing circle only with magic instead of sewing or cards or other stuff. Just village women getting together for some fun.

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

OK, I guess I wil give them the benefit of the doubt, and try it out, so many peeps are proclaiming how fun it is, and I know Ted does great work...

Anyone else have any thoughts on the DH evil/neutral-ness?

5. Anstil

Anstil Hobgoblin Raider

Even the good must sometime infiltrate the evil to destroy it from the inside. That was often how I used my rangers back in the days of the game only on paper. Give it a shot you may realize you will be doing more good than anything.

Our Host!