Help Paida is attacking me!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jkhristian, Dec 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. jkhristian

jkhristian Member

I went into the room with the temple concubines and they attacked me! I used dispel magic on paida and she joined me but when I bring her back to valden she attacks me again! How do I fix this?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

which mods are you using - this is definately something I fixed a while back (search for posts by me about Paida), d/l the fix and add the .py file into your data/scr folder.

[EDIT] You may have to cast Dispel Magic on her again to make it work if your save is after she has joined you.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

...or you could just rape her, kill her, then rape her again. This doesn't help finish the quest successfully, though.

4. jkhristian

jkhristian Member

Im just using the latest Co8 mod.

Also I have been searching the forum in vain for you paida fix. Can someone point me to the right thread?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I just checked the script for Paida in the Co8-4.0.0 mod and it should work. If you cast dispel magic, break enchantment or dispel evil on Paida she should remove the PC group from her shitlist (thus stopping her from going hostile), try taking her to Valden, kick her out of the group, if she goes hostile cast dispel magic on her again then kick her out of the group again.

Perhaps she is going hostile because you cast dispel magic on her while you were still in combat with the other concubine thus re-adding you to her shitlist?

6. Ayce

Ayce Member

I have found the many NPCs who are supposed to parlay first attack instantly in they see Meleny. Maybe with any NPC in your party, I wouldn't know because Meleny is the only one I ever use much.

I work around this by simply leaving Meleny close by but out of sight until I'm ready to fight.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

that seems about right, when ever I've played with NPCs I get strange things happening with NPCs attacking instead of talking

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah this goes back to that "I have Temple Robes and the factions respect me until they see Meleny" issue that got raised a long time ago.

What can I say - she inflames the senses.

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

There's more to her than meets the eye...as if that weren't enough.

Our Host!