Symptom:

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by efibacchus, Dec 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. efibacchus

efibacchus Member

i had to flatline my computer and reinstall windows. before this, toee with the patches ran jsut fine, this was a few months ago. i just got around to reinstalling the game, and guess what? whenever i do ANYTHING from the start of the game, it ctd!!!!!!! i installed the atari 2 patch and coe 4.. talking to anyone in homlet crashes the game. ok, i used the cheat give xxxx, and when i change the hide armor for my barbarian to leather, a nice bright 't' shaped thing goes into the backpack instead of the hide armor.

this is the first night i've had in 2 frikin months to game, and i've wasted it all on ctds!!!!! generally, i love the work y'all do, but this is beyond frustrating....

2. efibacchus

efibacchus Member

you know what? if super important info, like one's .NETness, was discussed in a sticky, say the SAME sticky that has the patches, in the description of what to do, that could be pretty darn cool what!!! nad, that's just crazy talk.

3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

To quote from the post where you downloaded the mod:

I've underlined the bits which missed your attention first time round.

I can appreciate your frustration (though why you reinstalled windows is totally beyond me) but I would advise reading a post in full before trying downloading something from the internet in future.

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The sticky in the Temple of Elemental Evil forum (Current Mods and Patches) doesn't actually mention .NET, since it is only required if you use the ToEE frontend - and this is explained in the installation instructions WHICH ARE DISPLAYED WHEN YOU INSTALL THE MOD PACK. Any CTDs you are experiencing in game likely have nothing to do with whether or not you've got .NET installed.

5. efibacchus

efibacchus Member

*ahem* *hmm* looks like somebody needs to learn how to read. reinstalled without the front end, and *hrm* *erm* seems to be playing ok now. move along, that's a good un, nothing to see but an illiterate goon, that's right, move along *ahem*

Our Host!