Newbie needing some help!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by twilightsephiroth, Dec 1, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Don't worry bout it Maalri, didn't even notice.

And all this has inspired me to finally rewrite this dang encounter from head to toe. Be prepared for a Vampire Lord with gypsy minions, rats, bats, wolves and undead hordes.

Or whatever the module originally said, I forget now. :)

PS If anyone posts a spoiler on what it DID say I will marinate them in bbq sauce and drop them out of a plane over NZ, where rabid dogs will tear thy flesh...

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Uk version (published as part of the Best of Atari range) has copy protection. It has no patches installed as far as I can tell.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Dang it, Ted...:smarty:

4. Shiningted

Yeah, I know u r itching to post that scan on here ;)

5. twilightsephiroth

twilightsephiroth tWiLiGhT wAtChEr

yeah, the vampire issue was kinda..odd :p thanks for addressing it :)

as for copy protection/manual....the manual is about as useful as a shit flavored lollipop...and from what i see, no..it doesnt have copy protection on it...

and maalri, yeah i did :) i already had the potion at that point, so i just used it, kept the scrolls for my personal use, and sold a shitload of stuff i'd acquired from the temple to make a bunch of gold :) but thanks :)

anyway, anything else, just holler or drop me a pm on here
    seph

6. twilightsephiroth

yeah, the vampire issue was kinda..odd :p thanks for addressing it :)

as for copy protection/manual....the manual is about as useful as a shit flavored lollipop...and from what i see, no..it doesnt have copy protection on it...

and maalri, yeah i did :) i already had the potion at that point, so i just used it, kept the scrolls for my personal use, and sold a shitload of stuff i'd acquired from the temple to make a bunch of gold :) but thanks :)

anyway, anything else, just holler or drop me a pm on here
    seph

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

A lot of people think the manual is a piece of shit, but others say it's not so bad. So whatever floats your boat and all that happy shit. :shrug:

As for Bing and the potion, well, he doesn't know shit from Shinola anyway, so I say just sell off all that shit and leave him be. :giggle:

And does anyone really give a shit about the Thrommel - vampire thing anyway? :bored:

But to each his own, I guess. Personally I say hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first. :grin:

8. twilightsephiroth

thanks gaear :p

mostly, my problem with the manual was, it didnt cover a few things in detail, like exactly what does a wizard need to craft magical armor and weapons. it does say you need masterwork items, ect...but what its lacking is how to get the other flags as options. For instance, as you level, your wizard can add +1, +2, +3 bonuses, but for some reason, my wizard only can add those and shocking. it would have been nice if the book had at least hinted at the fact that you need X, Y, Z for making weapons (you need such and such spell to have access to the Flaming flag, or you have to be of Y alignment to create holy weapons, and so forth). I shouldnt be so harsh, the book was alot better than other manuals i've read, so i'll give credit where its due :)

Seph

9. maalri

maalri Immortal

twighlight--look for Lord Plothos's post on item crafting guide- it has good info.

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Are you buckin' for a transfer from the "Maestro" section to the "Shit-kicker" section?

11. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

Ack, did someone mention "Smigmal" and "elf chick" in the same sentence?!...

(...she's a HALF-ORC, by the way...)

Well, having beaten the game once by accident [ask if you want to know how that's possible], I'm headed through again, and I'd like to know about a couple of things from those with more experience.

1. What's the deal with the "control box" in the Dungeon level 4 hallway? I can't do a damn thing with it. I would have thought wearing a TZGY scarab or something, or having an object to put in it, would deactivate the trap. Yet nothing of the sort that I attempted did anything. If you want to avoid a spoiler post, leave me a PM.

2. Along the "timed events not occurring" line, I _did_ actually manage to get Scather, then the game crashed a couple minutes later as I was trying to save. Never could get that event to happen again. *sniffle* Does the encounter with Zaxis have anything to do with this? After it happened, seems like I couldn't meet either "reward party".

3. WTF do I need to do to get Mother Screng to join my party? The first time through I took Otis into the courtyard of the Temple, went back to Nulb so he'd leave the party, then returned and actually entered the dungeon level, then went back to Nulb and got both Otis and Screng for a real trip. Yet when I attempted the same thing this time through, Otis won't join up a second time. He says "You need to find out what's really going on." I've already snuck down to level 3 and 4 using invisibility on my rogue, and gotten a quest and the line about initiation into the Greater Temple from Romag. What more do I need to satisfy Otis that I have a clue?!

Ah well. Back to glaive practice (since I can attack adjacent targets with a reach weapon, heh heh--it's not a bug, it's a feature!).

--Blair
    "Magical superiority through Improved Initiative and Power Attack/Cleave/Great Cleave."

12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The Prince Thrommel thing is all wrong and bad from the git-go. He should be in a coffin with a dagger in his heart and Fragarach is a symbol on the coffin lid. It's all an illusion. The ideal that this guy has been standing there with his sword in his hand for 6 years is ridiculous. This portion of the game has been so abused and manipulated, it's unreal. Hell, you can use the console and get both swords and have one in each hand. The whole thing is out of context, along with Iuz and St.Cuthbert scenario. The game writers did a horrible job in these areas. But you have to play the hand you're dealt, so be it.

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Ted is working hard on the whole thrommel thing

14. maalri

maalri Immortal

Blair--as far as the control box goes, you just have to have a rogue with a high enough Disable Device skill--WITHOUT any buffs or items augmenting it (about a skill of 14 or 15 I think) and disable it in the dialogue.

Or you can buff up and run through it-it's not far, but buff a LOT.

15. Shiningted

Quite. Actually it says "sleeping man" (or used to) if u hovered on him, and he acts like he was waking up. Ditto Curry Puff and the Green Hornet who claim to b "in bed" when u chat to them. They just don't have matching animations.

Perhaps someone would like to post a spoiler about who the Curry Puff really is? This seems to b the thread for it.

Our Host!