Co8 4.0.0 bug-list

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Nov 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If by 'mod launch window' u mean The ToEE Front End, well yes it is designed to launch through that. Unless you specifically have the non-Toffee version, it will only work through Toffee because Toffee makes it go looking for the Co8 module, while a start as normal from a shortcut could have it load half Co8 (the data file) and half ToEE normal (the module file). Of course, it then crashes.

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Maybe. But I just can't bear to let him live.

3. Kalshane

Follow-up on the Combat Expertise bug. (CE takes away from base attack, but does not add to AC.) My cousin is still playing with Co8 3.0.4, the moebius temple.dll and Liv's 1.5.1 mod and his character has no problems using CE. Something may have gotten broken in the leadup to Co8 4.0.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Be my guest and figure it out. Is your cousin using Drifter's .dll patches. They are the only things that could have messed up feats.

5. Kalshane

No. He's using the Atari 2, Co8 3.0.4, Moebius' temple.dll and Liv's 1.5.1. As I said, Combat Expertise works fine on his game. However, a poster here (I can't recall the name, unfortunately.) mentioned Combat Expertise was not working correctly for him using Co8 4.0. (The game subtracts from base attack, but does not add to AC.) I double-checked my own Co8 4.0 game and confirmed the same problem. I'm assuming some of Drifter's stuff was included in Co8 4.0?

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Kalshane, I've been trying to test this, I rolled up a rogue with Combat Expertise and I don't even see how u trigger it. I assumed it would be in the radial menu like Power Attack or Fight Defensively or something. How does it work?

Edit: How good is Toffee? I've got Co8 4.0.0, Liv's 1.5.1 to test this and KotB all installed at once. Toffee rocks! :rock:

7. Kalshane

It's accessed from the radial menu, exactly like Power Attack. Weird it's not showing up for you. On my fighter, when I gave him Combat Expertise it showed up on his radial in the same section as Power Attack.

Edit: A thought. What level is this Rogue? Combat Expertise only allows you to subtract from your Base Attack. If the Rogue is level 1, he doesn't have any BAB, which could explain it not showing up in the Radial.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  8. radastir

radastir Member

The German dialogues of the Morpheus' German Localized 2.0 Patch will be overwritten in big parts after 4.0.0-installation.

They're funny to read then...:evil_laug :hahano:

Patching German 2.0 again doesn't help (How should it? But just to give it a try...). :shrug:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  9. nomad461

nomad461 Member

Based on Gaear's comments, I dug through Gremag and Rannos' dialogs and fixed a couple of INT checks. IIRC 2 were simply flipped, i.e. the smart person got the barbarian speak and the barbarian got the educated dialog; 1 gave both options to the smart person, and none to the barbarian; 1 was simply a typo fixed in the dialog itself.

Enjoy!

And thanks again to everyone who has modded this game to make it playable and very enjoyable!

Nomad461

Attached Files:

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Very cool, nomad461. :thumbsup:

And btw, 105 US cents will do in your case, I suppose. ;)

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Uhm, has anyone seen that the first time you play ToEE in a full screen view just after the install, when you quit the game the mouse click sound happens repeatedly? I've seen it (and heard it) two times, once on 2000 Pro and once on XP Home.

12. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

There seems to be some sort of error in Rufus's dialogue or script that prevents him from leaving the party when asked to. I know, noone in thier right mind actually recruits Rufus, but it should probably be looked into.

13. nomad461

nomad461 Member

This should fix the "clingy" Rufus problem. Just unzip it in your /dlg folder.

nomad461

Attached Files:

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Nomad461 -

You seem to be on a tear with fixing these types of bugs. Might I suggest a new thread, "Nomad461's Co8 4.0.0 Fixes" or something to that effect, so that the inevitable tide of players confused over the wealth of different fixes from different modders can find them easily?

Believe me, the first "I don't know what to install!" or "Where can I get all the new fixes?!" thread or post will be here before long. ;)

For that matter, maybe anyone / everyone working on their own such project should start a similarly titled thread, much like darmagon's.

Again, good job. :thumbsup:

15. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

Thanks, Nomad461, for your rapid fix.

Unfortunately, I seem to have found another bug. I don't know if it's a side effect of humble NPCs, but familiars now appear to be transferable amongst characters. I first noticed this after completing "Target of Revenge", where amongst the loot can be found a lizard familiar. That surprised me, so I started playing with the other familiars in my party. Regardless of whether summoned by PC or NPC (Spugnoir, Pishella, Burne), they can be moved around to anyone's inventory, and they grant the famliar bonus (and familiar alertness) to whomever is holding them.

Dismissing a familiar still works properly, even if in the wrong person's inventory. One very strange behavior was that I put a PC's familiar in Spugnoir's inventory, asked him to leave, and the PC was then able to summon another familiar, as long as Spugnoir was not on the same map. The old familiar was still in Spugnoir's inventory when re-recruited.

Very strange. Definitely exploitable (look, ma, I went down to the pond, caught me ten toads and 30 extra hp!). Fixable? Who knows.

Our Host!