Feedback/ Issues with V1.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by talavandrell, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spats

Spats Member

Re: Re: Masterwork Light Crossbow

I don't know what you mean by this. I can exploit the bug in the game that lets you equip a weapon that's too large by replacing another weapon the character can wield. But if I just try to drop the weapon onto the character's (empty) hand, it says that the weapon is too large for the character to wield, and it will not let me equip it. I only get this for the masterwork light crossbow and not for the standard light crossbow.

I think the size class of the masterwork crossbow is just off by one (should be medium-sized instead of large). If I knew how to override the weapon, I'd just create a fix for it myself.

2. Yarble

Yarble Member

CO8 Patch Problems:

I am much happier now that my NPC's are no longer looting until they can't walk, but here are a few problems I've noticed with the patch:

I can no longer can detect secret doors in the moathouse. Using the same spotter at the same level that would find them automatically pre-patch, I can't even find them with a concentrated search.

If I load my NPC's up with items to take back to town, those items dissappear when I barter with the leather worker (and appear in the leather worker's stock).

When selling items, they must now be drug into an empty slot in the lether worker's stock, otherwise it says no room for item (thankfully the leather worker seems to have unlimited slots).???

3. MichiK

MichiK Member

Ok, Mona - Orb fix worked great! Thanks!.

One thing, had to rename the extension from py to pyc (I think... I am at work now).

Awesome support, guys. You should consider working for a game company ;)

4. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

it should of compiled it for you no renaming neccessary, as long as you put it in the right spot NOT gamdir/module/toee/scr but gamedir/data/scr :)

5. Aido

Aido Member

Can someone change the name of the Asian Hat in the game ... I think you need to edit the description.mes file. This should only take a second ... I think the hat is called a 'Rickshaw' but I'm not 100%.

6. AirBreather

AirBreather Member

'Rickshaw' I know is one thing it is _not_ - "rickshaws" are those people-pulled carriges...

A simpler name would be "domed hat"... I sure somebody can come up with the real/legit/authentic name for it, though...

7. Aido

Aido Member

8. Commoner

Commoner Member

Re: Re: Re: Masterwork Light Crossbow

Oh, I guess I was using this bug without realizing it then. I just guessed that it meant the "too large" warning was bogus. Ah well.

9. FireSpy

FireSpy Member

One thing I think the patch did was to remove the water from Hommlet. The river is empty, but the water wheel is still turning. :)
    It may not have been in the non-pached game, but I think was.

10. AirBreather

AirBreather Member

!!!

Hmm. A word with more then one meaning... I guess none of us ever saw that before, eh? Kudos to you for finding that meaning... :D

Now... All we need is some Chinese...

Mmm... Chinese.

11. geoelectric

geoelectric Member

12. Crichton

Crichton Member

I don't know if anyone's still reading this but everywhere I've ever seen a comment on it, it's been called a "triangular hat". obviously from the view it presents from the front. For that matter the "pirate hat" in the game is a bicorne.

13. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Call it "oriental hat".

14. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Release a fix and I'll add it to 1.1.0

15. gygaxian

gygaxian Member

Post-Patch my druid learned Extend Spell feat.

Whenever I go to extend one of her spells the game CTD on the Extend screen. This never happened prior to the patch (my cleric has Extend too).
    Coincidence or problem?

Our Host!