Co8 4.0.0 bug-list

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Nov 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

This is one of them 'post-only, no discussion' threads. If you have a problem with Co8 4.0.0, mention it at the appropriate thread or start a new one to see if it can be fixed: if it is established to be a bug or problem specifically introduced by something in Co8 4.0.0, then post it here and we can keep it in mind for the next release.

Problems related to Desperate Housewives may or may not be included here - believe me when I say I am well aware of them - hopefully I should have the Special Edition for that going in a month or so (currently it is taking a back seat to KotB, no apologies for that).

Example bug:

Problem with Lightening Trap: you get stuck on the wrong side of it, if you get taken to Hedrack as part of normal gameplay.

Solution: he should give you the password.

2. Shiningted

Problem with Lareth: His reinforcements attack each other.

Probable solution: Those Spiders will be set to the same faction as Lareth. This means those Spiders won't be able to be summoned to attack Lolth-aligned NPCs or other Spiders, but that makes sense.

Fixed: Available in Playful NPCs 1.3 patch.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  3. Reecoh

Reecoh Member

Problem with Tasha's Laughter spell Cast the spell with a 3rd level Wizard, 18 INT. Reported the DC was 12.

Expected: DC should be 16, seems to not be including the INT bonus.

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Tasha's Laughter does not apply appropriate ability score (Int for Wiz, Cha for Sor) to save DC when cast on Giant class creatures (Hill Giants, Ettins and Ogres). It works as normal against Goblinoids and Humans. (Will continue testing against other creatures.) I don't know if this is new to Co8 4.0 or not.

Scorrp's CR is listed as 2 and killing him results in equivalent XP. Checking the Protos.tab I see someone deleted the entry from the CR column (it should be a 7 per 3.5 Monster Manual), meaning only his fighter levels are calculated into his CR.

Lesser Bracers of Archery no longer grant wearer proficiency in bows if the wearer does not already have it. Previous to Co8 4.0 the bracers granted proficiency as listed in their item description and 3.5 DMG.

5. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

The mandolin of charming has no activation from the radial menu. It should have charges set to -1 in column 59 of protos.tab.

The masterwork bonus for armor types with no skill check penalty is being added to hide, move silently, sleight of hand, and tumble skills. Wasn't this fixed at one point in time by adding Skill Circumstance bonus of -1 to skill_hide, skill_move_silently, skill_pick_pocket, and skill_use_magic_device to the items in question? Somehow, the bug seems to have crept back in. By the way, note that that is skill_pick_pocket for the sleight of hand skill, and skill_use_magic_device for the tumble skill (the names for use magic device and tumble are reversed in /data/rules/skill.mes in ToEE3.dat).

The items affected seem to be small masterwork steel shield (6075), bone helm (6209), masterwork padded (6220), masterwork leather (6221), darkwood buckler (6311), large darkwood shield (6312), large mithral shield (6313), mithral shirt (6315), corset (6320), magic Celtic tattoos (6325), masterwork gladiator (6327), and hoodless circlet (6335).

I made the following fixes: small masterwork steel shield should have skill check -1. Bone helm, corset, and hoodless circlet are no longer masterwork, since I can't for the life of me figure out why they are to begin with. For that matter, could someone explain to me why corsets have a +2 dex bonus, and a black dress gives +4 diplomacy? I left these in, since they were obviously intended when Cujo created them. Masterwork padded, masterwork leather, darkwood buckler, large darkwood shield, large mithral shield, mithral shirt, magic Celtic tattoos, and masterwork gladiator have all had the aforementioned -1 skill circumstance bonus added to the proper skills. By the way, Cujo, had you intended the Celtic tattoos to have a tumble bonus, or a use magic device one?

Also, wasn't the wooden elvish shield masterwork at some point? In any event, it is now, and the -1 skill circumstance bonus has been added to it as well.

I also added the very excellent mithral buckler from Orion's mod, at line 6413. I hope noone was using that item code. It has a 25% chance of being sold whenever Otis restocks his store.

I apologize for overstepping any boundaries by posting this, since I'm not a member of the team, but I'm posting a protos.tab with these fixes done. But my father always told me that lots of people will complain that something is wrong, but very few will make an effort to fix it. By the way, this also includes my "Lareth's spiders" workaround, and the fixes to summoned spiders to make them immune to webs. I hope you find this useful.

Edit: Drat. I have to split the zip into two parts, since putting it all in one slightly exceeds the forum limit on zip file size. That's what I get for adding a new item, instead of just posting a fix. :blegh:

Edit 2: Changed mithral buckler to #6413, at Cujo's request. Please re-download.

Edit by ShiningTed: These fixes are available in Playful NPCs 1.3 patch, though the mithril buckler is now 6340.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2005
  6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

It is a tumble bonus just put them on and have a look - those skills are wrong way round in there. and if its not for you well it is for me <shrug>

about adding new stuff - can you start at about 6400 for you new stuff just so my new stuff wont cover over what you've done.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

umm yeah use numbers 6350 - 6398 for your stuff.

8. nomad461

nomad461 Member

Thanks for a GREAT mod, you guys/gals are awesome!

I found one bug with Exotic Weapons going to Martial Weapons. While looking at the dialog and figuring out how to fix it, I decided to make some other changes. You can now drill all the way down and back up through his ware menus.

I've attached the dlg file in case anyone else wants/needs these changes.

Gaear - I can only scrounge up 105 US cents. Is that enough to get me the club? :gotmyatte

nomad461

Edit by ShiningTed: This fix is available in Playful NPCs 1.3 patch.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2005
  9. Shiningted

Problem with Ah Fong: Doesn't show up if u don't install DH

Solution: Always install DH :p Seriously, this ain't gonna be fixed without an upgrade of the .exe which ain't gonna happen til we have something to release. So get modding!

Fixed: Available in Playful NPCs 1.3 patch.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  10. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Argh, Ted-San, it seems I stuck some of your Ah Fong files in with the DH stuff when I built the installer ... :dizzy:

Will try to fix that in 4.01.

Sayonara!

11. nomad461

nomad461 Member

I found another possible diaglog bug. In part of Lareth's conversation, you say "No talk, more death!" regardless of your Int (it was set to 1). I changed that line to activate if your Int is <=7, and added a line for the 8+ Int folks. I bumped the line numbers for the rest of the responses to make room for this one and keep everything in its proper order. I don't have a save to test this with, so user be ware :dizzy:

To install, just unzip the file in the dlg directory and over right the old one.

Enjoy! :txtsmilie

Also, my other fix did nothing for the items, it just made the dialog take you where it said you were going.

Nomad461

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Nomad461 -

You may find a few other intelligence-related dialogue headscratchers in the game. I recall there being one having to do with Rannos and Gremag at some point. Fixes for these errors are greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

13. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

See, I've always found the "No talk, more death!" line funny. Didn't realize it was supposed to be a low-intelligence reponse.

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

maybe its telling you that you'd be stupid to kill him :dribble:

15. vyking

vyking Member

perhaps someone can help with this, after I installed the full co8 mod pack, I can play the game fine from the mod launch window, but if I try to launch the co8 module itself to play the game with all the extras, it crashes with no msg back to the desktop, right after the intro movies and the load screen (when it should be loading the new/load/etc window-anyone have any ideas (yes , I have done a full (and clean) uninstall/reinstall

Our Host!