Playful NPCs 1.3 patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Nov 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gawain

Gawain Member

I'm not at my home pc at present, but I don't recall seeing a Co4-4.0.0 folder. All I have installed are the official patches 1 and 2, non-toffee Co8 4.0.0, and then I installed Drifters MaxHp fix. From the Co8 4.0.0 patch, I didn't install Allyx's shop map, nor the fog of war removal (nor TOEE Front-End) - the NPC level-up and Desperate Housewives options I did.

Ted and Gwythur's patches have the paths in the zip files, so I extracted them to C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil. I did clear the map cache (not the folders).

The only thing I noted is that Gwythur's replacement Invensource.mes is dated 15/11/05 whilst Ted's is later 21/11/05 - not that I know what the file does or if this is relevant.

Thanks for your replies.

2. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

Oh, fudge. You are correct. I accidentally used the wrong InvenSource.mes. These things happen when you're doing a rush job at 2AM. I'll upload the correct file. Please re-download.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

OK from now on no modding after midnight, everyone.

Hm, we may have to activate the Modder Compliance Statute, as enforced by the Modder Control Regulatory Commission, which is set forth in the Statement of Modder Regulatory Compliance by-law. Lord_Spike, got anything on your plate at the moment? ;)

Seriously, I've started out with PNPC 1.3 and so far it's simply wonderful! :chick: (with a few dashes of "ridiculous bullshit" thrown in for good measure, of course.) :thumbsup:

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Okay, barring anything exploding, setting on fire or discovery of any new bugs, I'm going to download this after work tonight and start work on the creature rules compliance changes.

Any objections?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I better re-write those install instructions, they are not for non-Toffee at all are they <sigh>.

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

...:chew:

Okay...ready now, Gaear!

:chainsaw:

7. Shiningted

How to care for your modder

- Don't expose them to sunlight (keep them in small dark rooms in front of PC monitors)

- Don't get them wet

- Never, EVER let them mod after midnight...

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

A bit of bumpage as this patch contains fixes to known bugs in Co8 4.

9. pierre_o

pierre_o serial installer

hello all, gratz for the great work, just one thing, shall I apply Playful NPCs 1.3 patch then Gwythur's patch or does the former includes the later now ?
    Shall I have to start a new game or can I keep on playing with my curent saves ?

thanks again

po

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I beleive Gwythur's patch should be added to this fix, you might also want to consider the fix for Liv's caravan fix (apply after this fix), and the sickle fix (apply last) then you should be up to date.

11. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Ted's Mod (which is stickied) contains Desperate Housewives, Something About Mary & Playful NPCs. This patch updates the Playful NPCs part. Should we combine the two threads? (Just trying to keep the number of stickies down, we already have a whole lot of them.) Or should I unsticky the Ted's Mod thread (since it seems to be somewhat obsolete), and sticky this one?

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Perhaps unstickying this thread (and Livonys'a 1.5 beta) would be a good plan, since they're both in Co8-4.0.0 as standard it seems kinda redundant to have them all stickied. And maybe a post to link to the unstickied threads to the Co8-4.0.0 thread should be made (just for easy reference)?

13. Shiningted

Gad this really is complicated

Playful NPCs 1.4 is pretty imminent - for those who worry, its mainly vocal stuff that Gaear has remastered, but may have a new NPC (or 2) but very little change to the protos.tab - modders, don't stress! - so if u could leave this here i will amend it when the time comes.

De-sticky the 'Ted's Mod' thread by all means, and yes, alas, perhaps the Liv's thread as well :( shame to do so but it is all in C08 4.0.0

Our Host!