Cleric Domains that do nothing

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Old Book, Jul 17, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

The Magic and Knowledge domains don't work. A cleric with the Magic domain should be able to use Arcane scrolls and items; he can't. A cleric with Knowledge should get bonusses to Knowledge skills, but there aren't any in the game. Is it possible to fix this at all? One proposal:

Let the Magic domain give a character bonus Skill Focus:Use Item and Magical Affinity feats, and make Use Item a class skill for clerics with the Magic domain. It's not quite what the domain is meant to do, but it's close.

Let the Knowledge domain give the character bonus Magical Affinity and Investigator feats.

Thoughts?

2. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

Huh... never noticed this, and I like your ideas here. Was this ever added in some form to the Co8 releases?

3. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

Also, I noticed the Aid spell from the Luck domain (among others) doesn't correctly add the +1-5 per caster level to the temporary hit points. So, it only gives you 1d8. Blah.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@ Old book, Good investigative work there, I think that'd need a temple.dll fix though.

@ camelotcrusade, Unfortunately there are quite a few spells that don't quite work correctly.

Our Host!