Amii's Quest HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dayffd, Oct 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dayffd

Dayffd Member

I need help completing the quest to cure the woodcutters's daughter (from Livonya's mod?). Went to see Jaroo and was informed that I need to find the swamp lotus. Any one know where to find it? Thanks for any help provided.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Have you looked for it yet? To find the swamp lotus you need to look in swamps. I would suggest not looking for swamps, but if you find yourself in a swamp, look around. Sorry, but that's all the hints I'm going to give. If you want the precise location, I would suggest reading through all of the spoilers thread for Liv's mod. Or you could do a forum search for "Swamp Lotus". There is a whole thread just about it, with a fix I posted to make it easier to find.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  3. Dayffd

Dayffd Member

Thanks for the assist. Have not yet had a random encounter in a swamp. Couldn't find it at the moathouse or Nulb so I wasn't sure where it was to be found.

4. Croix

Croix Member

I've already done gave up on it altogether. I like the random encounters in the temple better. Speaking of which............Is there any way one could set up a room or specified area just for the biggest and baddest monsters of the game on random (when you click the tent icon)? Or something of the like. This has probably been discussed before, so I apologize in advance. Thank you

5. Cerulean the Blue

6. Croix

Croix Member

Thanks Blue! You guys are the best, really (no I'm not a kiss ass).

7. Cerulean the Blue

Yes, this is possible. I have been considering doing just that. When I have more time to work on it.

8. Croix

Croix Member

I know this is just wishful thinking, but it would be awesome if this new "place" was tied into a quest you do for Grud or something. With him giving you the location to this dreaded place in return for services rendered perhaps? These are just my thoughts, and I appreciate you guys for taking the time to listen (something people don't do anymore).

Again, I apologize to the OP, and the intrusion. :shy:

9. Cerulean the Blue

I have also been working on a way to use different enemy lists for different level parties, so that the higher level you are, the higher the DC of the enemies ln the enemies list. No more running into hobgoblis when your parties 8th level. More like 3 hill giants. I may even ask Allyx for use of his white dragon for parties over 10th level.

10. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

blue i like the lvl linked encounter idea

after all almost every game since wizardry 1 for the Mac model a and apple plus

have had them

anyways is your random encounters part of the toffee ready teds 120???
    and is allyxs white dragon somewhere in there spawnable??

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Sounds great!

:thumbsup:

12. Cerulean the Blue

Yes, my Random Random Encounter Fix is in the Toffee version of Ted's 1.2.0. And it appears Allyx left the white dragon in the protos, #14999.

As I said, I have started worked on the party level dependent random encounters, but it definately won't be included in Co8 4.0.0. I don't have the time to finish it without seriously delaying the release. Maybe a month or two after.

13. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

Please keep level-dependent random encounters optional. I find them both illogical and game killing. Random encounters generally help you in TOEE by rewarding you with gold, items and experience without putting you at serious risk, and scaling them up to match party strength only makes matters worse.

Unless you're going to scale the encounters so that they're actually dangerous for the party. In that case, they're still illogical, but it isn't a balance issue anymore.

14. Cerulean the Blue

As I said, a level-dependant random encouter mod will not be a part of the new upcoming Co8 release. When it is done, it will be available for download, but if you don't want it you won't have to use it. As for Co8 releases in the future, I cannot promise anything, as it will be a community decision whether or not to include it. The same goes for future individual modders and their mods. They will have my permision to use it if they so choose, but whether or not they do so will be up to them.

As for it being illogical, well, is it logical that groups of first level pirates would still try to ambush an obviously better armed group (who most likely has superior numbers) when other pirate raiding parties have been being wiped out left and right lately?

The game already has a level dependant random encouter system. The game randomly determins if there is an encounter, the type of terrain the encounter is on, then randomly selects the encounter enemies from the list for that type of terrain. Then it compares the average level of the party +2 to the DC of the encounter. If the DC is higher there is no random encounter. That is what has happened when you have a hesitation while traveling on the world map. The game generated a random encounter, checked the DC and found it to be too high, so then let you go on your merry way without stopping on an encounter map. My level dependant mod would keep the original system, but would switch to a higher DC list of encounters or increase the number of enemies in the encounters when you hit about level 7 or 8, and again at level 12 or 13. This could be considered to be because the word has spread about your parties decimation of the weaker creatures, so stronger ones are now out trying to stop you, or possibly the temple itself is now sending out patrols to do the same.

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just an Idea but the arena of heroes (after the three tests of course) would be a perfect area for this.

@ cerulean the blue, you have my permission to use the white dragon - but be warned, he's a tough old SOB, I originally tested vs 3 of them with 15th level characters x5, Oolgrist, Scorp, and Wonnilon, I've never had a tougher battle in this game - not even the balor, especially as I got him casting his spells on his own!

Oh and level dependant random encounters is a must!!! Trouble is there are too few high level monsters in the game (CR 11+).

Our Host!