Who's your favorite modder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

Who's your favorite modder?

1. Agetian

7.9%
  2. Allyx

15.8%
  3. Cujo

5.3%
  4. Drifter

5.3%
  5. Dulcaoin

2.6%
  6. Livonya

44.7%
  7. Morpheus

2.6%
  8. Shiningted

15.8%
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Did I mention cookies for EVERYONE who votes for me? :peace:

O and Allyx plans to introduce a download tax if elected.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I can niether confirm or deny this claim, but Ted has been known to give people poisoned cookies!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  3. Shiningted

That was taken completely out of context!

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Vote for the Tool Development Department and me (Agetian), its leader!

Without the right tools there can be no serious modding, and Agetian's Tool Development Department is striving to give the community the highest quality tools to work in all areas of ToEE modding. Support the Department today, and we will be willing to make even better tools, and even faster! Remember that it's exactly this department that has created such tools as the ToEE World Builder and the ToEE Front-end. We are currently working on the ToEE Script Generator, and the more you support us, the more we are willing to take our time and trouble to make anything.

:peace: Vote for us today, and you won't regret that! :peace:

- Agetian

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Latest News

Intrigue! Political maneuvering! Grandstanding! Backstabbing! Character assasination! Gerrymandering!

The candidates are embarking on smear campaigns worthy of our real life political leaders . . . and this community is shaping up into one of which we can all be proud! Hitch your wagon to the likely winner now and secure your place in the Circle of Eight political structure!

Hot update:

:wave: Allyx, still the second place runner, is taking the high road by focusing on his own achievements, but will he be able to ignore Livonya's leader status much longer? Could a mud-slinging session be in the works?

:raving: Meanwhile Ted, lamenting his back-of-the-pack standing, has already resorted to gutter tactics by smearing his opponents in hopes of creating dissent amongst forerunner support. But will this approach backfire and leave him permanently typed as the "dirty politician?"

:evilgrin: Agetian, foreseeing a poor showing at the polls, has initiated a campaign strategy of veiled threats to withhold the very tools that made the King Daddy Modder vote possible. Shrewd, or just desperate? You be the judge!

:cry: Behind the scenes, Drifter moves to secure the sympathy vote by invoking his ADD . . . but will the voters support such potential weakness?

:eyebrow: And Cujo is standing pat with his message of bigger and more abundant boobs. Will this promise prove hollow, or will the ToEE community descend to the lowest common denominator and embrace his pimp-like values?

Watch and see how the race runs out as the candidates maneuver down the stretch!

p/s - Candidates - for my part, I'll be willing to close the poll and declare the winner any modder who agrees to name me as their modding partner. "Allyx and Gaear's New Items," "Shiningted and Gaear's 'There's Something About Mary' Mod," "Agetian and Gaear's ToEE World Builder." They all kind of have a nice ring, if you get my meaning. :doublethu

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Gaear...

:ninja:

...Influence Broker.

You're hedging your bets better than the tobacco industry. Are you a 'special interest group' or the 'guy-behind-the-guy'?

7. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

:blahblah:

I'm sure I will do better than that -

I promise to syndicate impactful solutions and synthesize seamless portals, not to mention leading-edge action-items I can brand even without engaging sticky web services and extended plug-and-play networks. My natural talent envisioneering revolutionary architectures and reinventing compelling paradigms is unequalled. Implementing killer functionalities is a number-one priority here and I assure you it is very high on my to-do list.

Vote for the future! Vote for Drifter!

By the way, those ADD rumours are completely unfounded. Without doubt it is a dirty play by one of the forerunners with intention to discredit the most dangerous candidate. I have proof that the security of my forum account has been breached and some malicious person used it to write the aforementioned post with the confession of some imaginary illness.

I'm sure that from now on this election campaign will be viewed from different perspective.

8. Shiningted

Well I'm glad to see you mentioned 'paradigms', but you forgot to mention 'synergy' and 'proactive'.

Hey where is Cerulean in this poll? I swear the new random encounter thingy is the one mod that you actually run into regularly and are glad for it.

Well that and everything Liv did ;)

9. Agetian

@ Gaear: This or that way, friendship wins. :)

By the way, in case no one has noticed, the Circle of Eight now also refers to the Circle of Eight Modders :D
    Go figure (counting per the poll list): 1) Agetian, 2) Allyx, 3) Cujo, 4) Drifter, 5) Dulcaoin, 6) Livonya, 7) Morpheus, 8) Shiningted. Exactly eight members :) Was this intentional, or did it just randomly happen that way, eh?

- Agetian

10. Allyx

Re: Latest News

Ahh, grassroot politics. the first step to WORLD DOMINATION! :evil_laug

11. Drifter

It's all because of this nasty curse that evil god Irata unleashed upon this game - it can't have more than 8 simultaneous modders. When someone new comes, someone old gots to leave.
    But the hope of the oppressed was that, even if names change, the idea of modding prevails.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Q & A with the candidates

Solid input, everybody.

Now its time for some Q & A. I will be the moderator.

(Note that in a purely selfish attempt to gain influence and power, I'm going to align myself with the current frontrunner {aside from the absent Liv}, Allyx. Slowpitch softballs on the way, Al. ;) )

Our first question is for Allyx. You've contributed so many brilliant mods to the community, the opening "Shop Map" and "Allyx's New Items," to name a couple. Do you feel that your mods have made a significant difference within the ToEE community here at Co8?

Our next question is for Ted. Your dubious "There's Something About Mary" mod explores dark themes of bestiality, infidelity, and betrayal. How do you justify unleashing such scurrilous material upon the community?

Now Agetian. Please explain your mysterious "partnership" with the silent Dulcaoin. Shouldn't the Co8 community suspect that there really is no Dulcaoin anymore, and that you've stolen his name?

Drifter, you mentioned "paradigms" in your moving opening statement, but as Ted has questioned, what of "synergy?" Can a campaign really be run without some mention of it?

Here's a question for Cujo: there's been recent demand for more exposed boobs in a greater variety of armor and clothing. Can you really accomodate such a degree of nudity? Further, how do female warriors protect their breasts when they are exposed and unarmored as such?

Lastly, Morpheus . . . Speculation has run rampant that Lord Spike is reserving his vote for you, to be handed down at the last possible moment, possibly in some sort of coup attempt. In what way is he beholden to you, or you to him?

The community awaits your answers . . .

13. Agetian

@ Gaear: Dulcaoin has been silent for quite some time on the forums, but amazingly enough - I just spoke with him on the MSN. He is very much alive, busy doing his work, and a little (or maybe even not little?) away from ToEE modding. That's very unfortunate for me, because that caused him to leave my Tool Development Department as well, and move on to other things. Sometimes he browses through the forums, but kinda rarely (if you look at his "last visited" date, you'll notice that it wasn't that long ago). He is really looking forward to Shiningted's "Keep on the Borderlands" mod, by the way.

As for stealing someone's name, eh well... why steal someone else's name? First of all, I'm very much satisfied with my own name (read "What's in your nickname?", post 1), and second - why add a mysterious fake person to your "Credits" list (e.g. in ToEEWB, ToEEFE, etc.) when you can take ALL THE CREDIT YOURSELF? AARGGH, I'm so hungry for power! :) :) :) (just joking, don't listen to me talking trash ;) )

- Agetian

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  14. Allyx

Re: Q & A with the candidates

Sure I do, Before I started modding, you couldn't even scribe a scroll of scorching ray, Now (thanks to me) your wizard can craft his own ring of major fire resistance, his robe of the archmagi and cloak of resistance +5, and craft his rod of thunder and lightning. for the cleric the almighty helm of brilliance and rings of protection +5 for everyone. Druids can craft thier own druids vestiments, amulet of natural armor +5 and the (now snake summoning) rod of the python. Rogues no longer look stupid wearing brown boots of elvenkind, brown gloves of dexterity, and green cloaks of elvenkind, also if you want your rogue to be even sneakier you can now craft them a robe of blending!

I admit fighter type characters may have been a bit short changed in my mods but the other classes needed the help more anyway.

15. Drifter

Re: Q & A with the candidates

My answer to Ted's question will be a short one:
    Synergy is for sissies!
    (and as such, not worth mentioning)

Now because the question of 'proactivity' was raised as well, here's what one of my high-ranking fellows said some time ago (actually I gave him the idea):
    Now in case faith fails, I also have this to keep me proactive:
    [​IMG]
    (needless to say, I'm giving a box of these for everyone who votes for me)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
Our Host!