Changes in Prince Thrommels apearance

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Cujo, Sep 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

what do you all think? I've made him;
    1 slightly taller
    2 given him long black hair
    3 made him new armour (goldish plate with red skirt, its a new version of royal armour)

4 straightened his sword (already released)

all based on the opening movie

how would you all feel about these changes to him?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  2. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

sounds cool...although i always enjoyed the original sword (i get distracted by shiny things)

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You've done well...at least what I've seen from the pic posted in the other thread. It truly looks more like what one should expect.

4. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

hehe I agree, and I don't recall reading/seeing that the sword in the movie is Scather anywhere. Still good job making him look more like the begining movie. Of course that was 6+ years prior, and his looks would obviously change...

5. Lord_Spike

He is actually encountered in a state of stasis in the module, covered by an illusion that makes him look like a vampire sleeping in its coffin. The cross on the lid of the coffin is Fragarach. A document of some type bids those finding this tomb to slay the monster and hasten away...supposed to be ironic that the Prince is laid low by other good characters. Too bad this couldn't be modded in.

The sword in the movie definetly isn't Scather...it's Fragarach.

6. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Typo on my part, sorry. Either way I've not seen anywhere in game claiming that sword is the same as the one he's holding upon finding him. Mayhaps I'm missing a note sonewhere?

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Well maybe it's not but why would he be saving his best weapons for a rainy day when it's a savings account that can't be used up, and anyway Fragarach is really sposed to be a Longsword which means its straight not curved as that would make it a scimatar.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you do the Evil 'destroy Fragarach' plot, when you demand it offf him he says something like, "it never leaves my side". Ergo, if you see him in battle in a cinematic, and he doesn't have a second swrod scabarded at his side (which I don't think he does), he must be using Fragarach. And if you had a Good sword that never missed and you were going into battle against an entire army from an evil temple, wouldn't you use it?

9. Lord_Spike

I sure would. In the module, it's the first thing he inquires after when awakened. If he sees it, he merely speaks and it will return to his hand.

10. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

I didn't mean to start a big debate, and I hate to fuel it, but did it even occour to anyone he got it AFTER the war somehow? The plot guy Ted is refering to also said the sword disappeared a few years before *shrug*

Cujo please don't mistake what I'm saying as putting you down. I wouldn't dream of bashing your hard work, work I openly admit I can not do. I guess I'm just stuck on my "pretty" things

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yeah I know what you're saying as it went through my mind as well, but as I said;
    so even if the sword in the movie isn't Fragarach, Fragarach would still be straight.

also didn't Prince Thrommel dissapear about the same time as Fragarach :poke:

12. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

The sword he's holding in the movie is Fragarach... though as previously mentioned the sword should look more like a broadsword/longsword than a greatsword. Both him and sword disappeared together and both were buried in the chamber within the Temple together. My only guess is that the designers of the game decided to give the sword a much "cooler" look since most good swords in general are just plain looking blades from pen & paper games and hence the reason why it looks different from icon and movie.

13. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Ok Cujo, I understand your train of thought now, and I guess I agree :) Now a small request perhaps if I didn't annoy you too much. Anyway to make another weapon with the same graphics as the old Frag/Scather? As I said I really just like how it looks hehe

Now just one last thing

As I said before... you know this how? I seen no where stating thats the same sword besides people just saying it is...

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Fragarach only went missing because Thrommel went missing - we know this because he had it when he turned up.

And what possible argument can you put forward for it NOT being Fragarach. Assuming we were talking real poeple, why would he use any other weapon under such a circumstance?

What we have here is the cutscene poeple werking independantly of the inventory art people and drawing two different swords, nothing more. There seems to me no reason whatever to think it is anything more.

And if you don't like the new Fragarach, delete the files and it will automatically revert to the normal one :)

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

actually that wont work in this case, infact probably cause a CTD, I didn't remove/copy over the models for Frag & Co I made new ones, if I had then I couldn't make new swords with the old models, but as I didn't then I can. (the protos looks for NEW model numbers)

So, @ Adoniis, names and stats for shiny scimatars, you give me the info and I'll crank up the forge (and I'll not make them swords of answering so you can fire node them)

Our Host!