part of a mod or...?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by offtheboat, Sep 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

I've reached the Elven Princess and her troupe in the Elemetnal Evil dungeon and the only 2 options I have at the end of our conversation is to either give them bad directions so they get themselves killed or tell them you are unsure of directions despite the fact my party just came in from the Burnt Farmhouse entrance. The last time I came through here I was able to give her the right directions. Was this changed in a mod or does this require some skill check to remember directions? I've sent both my smartest and my most able negotiator at her and I'm still getting the same choices. And why am I getting the option to get them killed even though my party is a Lawful Good party and the dude speaking is a Paladin?

In anycase, any help is appreciated. I hate leaving loose ends.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Open your... data\dlg\00127tillahi.dlg ...file and go down to row 80, a lawful good group should have text options 85 (smart pc's) or 86 (stupid pc's).

Code:
    {80}{If you can just tell us how to exit this place, we will be fine. Your agenda is your own and we would not interfere. Once we arrive home, we will arrange for your reward to be delivered to you.}{If you can just tell us how to exit this place, we will be fine. Your agenda is your own and we would not interfere. Once we arrive home, we will arrange for your reward to be delivered to you.}{}{}{}{}
    {81}{[Give directions out of the Temple.]}{}{1}{game.party_alignment != LAWFUL_GOOD and game.global_flags[287] == 0}{90}{game.global_flags[20] = 1}
    {82}{[Give directions that will get them hopelessly lost or killed.]}{}{1}{game.party_alignment != LAWFUL_GOOD}{90}{}
    {83}{I am afraid that I am uncertain of the exit to this foul place.}{}{8}{game.global_flags[287] == 1}{170}{}
    {84}{Me not really sure where da exit is.}{}{-7}{game.global_flags[287] == 1}{170}{}
    {85}{[Give directions out of the Temple. Then bow.] Your freedom is reward enough, ma'am.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD and game.global_flags[287] == 0}{90}{game.global_flags[20] = 1}
    {86}{[Give directions out of the Temple. Then bow.] Me not need reward from pretty elf lady.}{}{-7}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD and game.global_flags[287] == 0}{90}{game.global_flags[20] = 1}

3. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

Hmm, oops on my part. My party is actually Neutral Good in alignment, but regardless, I should still get the option to give them the right directions.

{81}{[Give directions out of the Temple.]}{}{1}{game.party_alignment != LAWFUL_GOOD and game.global_flags[287] == 0}{90}{game.global_flags[20] = 1}

{82}{[Give directions that will get them hopelessly lost or killed.]}{}{1}{game.party_alignment != LAWFUL_GOOD}{90}{}

{83}{I am afraid that I am uncertain of the exit to this foul place.}{}{8}{game.global_flags[287] == 1}{170}{}

So looks like the problem with choice 1 is that the global.flags[287] was set to 1 instead of 0. Where can I find info on that flag?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'd say just use search in data/dlg for a file containing game.global_flags[287].

The fact that you came through the back door, not the front door, may have something to do with it. Frankly if you haven't come through the front door I think it is a reasonable option.

"Well, go down a couple of levels, then sorta north-west, along some corridors, through a secret door - you're elves, you'll find it - down a ladder, through a cave, up a ladder, and you'll be in the middle of nowhere. Then get out your World Map and press 'Nulb'".

5. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

Have already tried searching and nothing came up.

I'll try the front door method.

EDIT: Didn't work. :(

ADDENDUM:

Okay so here's a new question... I'm reading some of the readme texts from these mods and they list that certain game_flags are used exclusively by them so.... how do the modders create these game_flags? :) Once I know what the flag is, that will solve the other problem. I can't think of any other variable that will allow me to give the Elf the right directions.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
Our Host!