Ted's mod is HERE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Great news! :doublethu I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for including my random encouter thing. You did use the latest one, didn't you? The one without the global variable? I'm going to do some more work on it next week, and make sleep encounters on the random encounter maps pull enemies from the random encounter lists rather than the sleep encounter lists. The random encounter lists have more variety. Then there is tweaking the enemies lists, and maybe even upping the dc of sleep encounters on certain maps. Let's make squatting for experience a little more dangerous, eh? :tombstone

What exactly is the compatability issue with Allyx's shop map? Is it with the new items and changes to existing ones? I'm curious because I am tweaking that mod. Btw, any idea how Co8 got the game to give weapons for Weapon Focus and Exotic Weapon Proficiency?

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I believe your 1.0.5 version patch is bad. I closed ToEE to add your 1.0.5 patch. After adding the 1.0.5 patch, now - when I try to start ToEE, it crashes during startup when it should begin to start playing the cinematic intro. But instead, it drops to the desktop.

Could you, please, put the 1.0.4 patch back on the site for download?

Thanks..

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

No problems for me and just to be a wanker, I changed the trident to weapon focus longspear in my own protos (as its like a spear with 3 heads and there's no weapon focus feat for a trident) and added a new item - the hoodless circlet (which none of you'll have) if you want it how ive got it I can post my protos, its # is 6335

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  4. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

I made my own "hoodless" circlet, but I lose my female rogues two little pony tails. Does yours do the same thing?

5. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Paladin and Ranger Spells

The 3rd Level Paladin and Ranger spells are available, and can (on my install) be memorized from a 1st level slot. However, there is a clear "don't do that" note in the spell description, so, groovy. :)

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I have uploaded a compatable version of shop map 2 (including Cujo's minor alterations above)- get it from the downloads section.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ahhhhh ur too good to me Allyx... :thumbsup: but I will still put up one last patch before closing. I want to get some more of the NPC voices done. Unfortunaltely, they require a lot of protos fiddling :yeaaa:

Krunch, did you follow the install instructions (deleting stuff b4-hand) and did you clear the map cache? And when u say it crashed before the cinematic, when the blue bar was loading? What did you see before it crashed (ie at what point). And did you try to install it over Allyx's mod despite being told not to?

1.0.4 is still up there, its at

http://files.co8.org/mods/Teds_patch_104.zip

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  8. Stefalor

Stefalor Member

question

Hellow,
    I wanted to download your mod, dut apparently, the link to download Livonya's Mod is removed. Is their any other way to download it?
    btw, I love the changes and can't wait to play your mod
    greetings
    Stefalor

9. Shiningted

10. Da_Ediot

Da_Ediot Member

Thanks Ted, I like the stuff. Just got done with the Moathouse for the first time. A couple things I have noted.

Concerning the Bless scroll needed for the ghost. I just have my cleric scribe a bless scroll and use that. Never need to buy the one from Calmert.

I notice you have fixed the multiple cauldron thing. I ran into a bug where if I got a bunch of cauldrons and curettes and gave them to her, it reached a point where it would take my last item of each but gave me the concluding dialog. And I was only level 2. That final battle was a rape but an amusing one. :>

Keep up the good work. And thanks again.

11. Da_Ediot

Da_Ediot Member

Thanks Ted, I like the stuff. Just got done with the Moathouse for the first time. A couple things I have noted.

Concerning the Bless scroll needed for the ghost. I just have my cleric scribe a bless scroll and use that. Never need to buy the one from Calmert.

I notice you have fixed the multiple cauldron thing. I ran into a bug where if I got a bunch of cauldrons and curettes and gave them to her, it reached a point where it would take my last item of each but gave me the concluding dialog. And I was only level 2. That final battle was a rape but an amusing one. :>

Keep up the good work. And thanks again.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

First, thank you for replying quickly and posting a new link to your 1.0.4 patch.

I went through a meticulous effort of troubleshooting the crash issue. What I determined is that your ShiningTeds new voices and your ShiningTeds MOD with your patches were not at fault. Your stuff works. Yeah! :)

Here's my resulting thoughts and concerns.

If your new voices collection and your MOD v1.0 and patch v1.0.4 and patch v1.0.5 are all installed in that order with the imported portraits also reinstalled, is the following true or false.

a. Is the Swamp Lotus fix included? (Y/N)

b. Is the RannosDavl-Gregmag dialogue update included? (Y/N)

c. Is the Random Encounter update included--the update that selects different random encounter maps when you have a traveling encounter? (Y/N)

d. Are the new Orion79 updates included? (Y/N)

e. Is the Livonya script to kill spawned juggernauts included [to leave just one juggernaut in the room]? (Y/N)

If the answer to all of these is, "YES, those are all are included." Wonderful! :)

If the answer is no to any one or more of the above questions, can you be requested to make a new patch and add them to your MOD, please? The reason I ask is because with your MOD installed, if I add the above updates/patches, ToEE either starts and is flakey or it crashes at startup.

Thanks for your invested time and help. :joy:

* I will say this, with your new voices and MOD with your patches installed, it makes me want to start ToEE Friday night after Battlestar Galactica and play ToEE until Sunday night at 11 PM when my alarm clock goes off to let me know I have to get sleep before Monday morning. haha :doublethu

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

No it doesn't mess with the hair.

14. Shiningted

We get the pretty circlet and the ponytails? Well I'm for Cujo's then.
    Yeah thats fine, indeed if you tell her you ARE a priest of St Cuthbert she will actually ask you to scribe one: an outcome that makes more sense than buying a scroll, but, well, meh!
    a) Yes
    b) I think so, I'll check
    c) Yes
    d) Ummm no...
    e) Yes

Your problem is quite probably a conflict with the efforts of Orion, God bless his soul. I haven't built anything off his stuff, so no, it won't be compatible. But his Con fixes were all replicated by Allyx in the protos.tab I first used, so the bug-fixing element of his stuff is there (his personal choices regarding changes to NPCs etc, clash with my lifestyle views).

Btw, Boomer is a Cylon. And why doesn't Starbuck get it on with Cassiopea like he used to?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Because Starbuck is now female and Cassioppia is now a Cylon named Eight, one version of whom apparently only exists in Balthazar's (who is now a scientist) head. Which is spinning from reading this post.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
Our Host!