Patches & mods.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nickcarraway, Aug 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. nickcarraway

nickcarraway Member

Hello folks, new here and new to the game (just started playing last week).

So far I haven't run into any serious bugs, but gameplay isn't very smooth and in general I'm a big fan of user mods, so I'm interested in Livonya's mod and the front end.

Here's my dilemma: I bought the game and patched it immediately with patch #3 (never touched 1 or 2), not realizing that the mods here required patches 1 and 2 but not 3.

Should I uninstall and start over? Can either the Livonya or front-end mods go on top of patch #3?

Thanks...

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The answer that you seeking is in the Common Issues and Solutions thread, but I'll be nice and just tell you. Reinstall Patch 2. It will revert any changes made by Patch 3.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Spoken like a TRUE Jedi Knight.

4. nickcarraway

nickcarraway Member

Thank you. I did read that thread before posting, but the post that suggested reinstalling Patch 2 appeared to apply to a different version of the game (bargain bin? is that a jewel-box-only version?) that came pre-patched.

I'll give this a whirl. Besides Livonya's and the front end mods, are there any other mods that I should apply to improve gameplay?

5. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Snag Allyx' shopmap. It's a big help. Shiningteds mod also would be one I'd suggest to snag right away. You may wanna snag Cerulean the Blue's cure Amii lotus fix. All are extremely useful/fun in their own ways.

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

If you use Allyx's Shop Map mod you have to use ShingingTed's mod. Some of the items in the Shop Map need it.

Our Host!