Who wants Drow?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cujo, Aug 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

Do you want Drow In ToEE?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2005.
  1. Yes, but only if it didn't break anything else

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Yes, even if it means messing with other races

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. I don't care any which way

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. No I don't want Drow in ToEE

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The only way I know how to do it is with a hex editor.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

A disassembler.

3. Edwin P

Edwin P Member

Now Drow are cool, not only because of their magic resistance and abilities but also because of their pet spiders. So now you have a combat where you are facing giant spiders that web you and drow armed with magical crossbows.

PS: I always wondered why elves couldn't select Lloth as their deity, especially if they are CE.

PS: I wonder if they would spawn in the main hall of the TOEE after the PCs complete Quest XXXX. Thus they would not show up at the lower levels but would be present once the PCs reach level 8+.

4. Shiningted

I was gonna give Lareth a pet Funnel Web wasn't I... forgot about that.

Lolth is in the Deity list (Lareth has her) but like Zuggy, Iuz and Old Faith the PCs can't have her.

5. Allyx

I want to add a 5th level Cleric of Lolth (PC recruitable) NPC, to my mod when it's done (still a LONG way off) Y'know when Drow get to that level Lolth makes them do a test of some sort (little hazey on the details), and If they fail Lolth turns them into Driders! So this NPC failed the test, but got away - she's outcast from Drow society, and (while still chaotic evil) want's the PC's help to make the Drow pay for making her take damned test that almost killed her in the first place.

Vengence is a dish best served cold (and in magical darkness - with poisoned arrows, and summoned spiders)

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Just don't make her

;)

This was Lareth's fate under certain conditions for ToEE . . . there's an end-game slide for it showing him as a Drider. You probably already knew that. Please carry on.

7. Shiningted

Thanks for the spoiler pal, and I was FINALLY going to finish the game in an hour.... well, in the bin it goes! :cry:

Ok I am in a silly mood :blahblah:

8. Allyx

Don't suppose you know what triggers that? Killing him or letting him live?

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Spoilers!!! We Got Spoilers Here, People!!!

:mrhappy:

Below is Lareth the Drider from the end slide. The accompanying text for this scenario is, "Lareth the Beautiful escapes and starts his own temple of evil, dedicated the Llolth, the Spider Goddess. She is not placated and eventually turns Lareth into a drider."

Attached Files:

• es09.jpg
      es09.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
  10. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Undead Chosen One

Well, drow or not - but where the hell are Asimars (IWD2, and their +2 Charisma bonus rulez) and Thieflings (Haer'dalis from BG2:SoA rulez too)? Of course there is one thiefling in ToEE (or something looks like thiefling :)) but as a NPC, not a PC - and it's not the same :-(. Possibility of 8 PC and only 7 races - it sucks (escpecjally humans sucks). Soo - in the time of need - giant PC from Cujos mod - sounds cool...

11. staywithustara

staywithustara Member

i LOVE drow, forgotten realms is basically stories about the drow, any chance of allowing players to make drizzt do'urden by having drow PC and creating panther as a selectable anaimal companion? If not any drow at all would be cool.

12. staywithustara

staywithustara Member

actually there is a problem i see that i never found anyone else made a correction for, nebin is a HUMAN wizard players hand book says he is a gnome illusionist, in the game he's a human that's like....2 ft and 20 some odd pounds!!!

13. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Nebin?? Never met him.

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Precisely what we're trying to avoid. I appreciate your enthusiasm, and respect your right to play your game how you like, but folks here generally try to be original...within a conservative (respect for the old ways sort of thing) framework. Gushing fan-boy/girl-ism over the drow is likely to get you a bad reaction. This is Greyhawk, after all...NOT Forgotten Realms.

15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

But remember, ToEE was the first in a series of modules that lead through the giant strongholds and eventually into the underdark. I still have Q3 lying around here somewhere. And S1.

Our Host!