maps cache

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by halarious, Aug 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. halarious

halarious Member

i'm playing ted's mod, but every time i quit game, when i start up again the gibberish files in the map cache come back, shouldn't i only have to delete them once? or are they supposed to be deleted every time i start up again?

also i turned the auto-save off before i started, but when i started a new game the old one showed up in the auto-save slot, is it supposed to do that?

i would appreciate any help on this. thanks :confused:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You should only need to delete the map cache after installing a new mod, they're supposed to come back (but I usaually set ToEE forontend 3 to delete the map cache on every game load - just to make sure).

3. halarious

halarious Member

is this option in the simple version of frontend, cause i can't install the other version.
    it's too complicated for me. :confused:

4. Allyx

If it has a check box that say's delete map cache at startup or something yes (wouldn't know havn't used that one recently.)

5. sevin

sevin Member

I just did a fresh game and mod instal PAtch 1/2 / co8 / liv/ and ted's mod 121. I went to clear map cache as requisted. There were only folders and no 'weird files to delete. I'm i missing something? I really want to get all this great content. Ted's instructions said dont delete folders.

Any help would be appreciated

Sevin

6. Allyx

If there are ONLY folders, the map cache IS clear, don't worry, just play.

You only need to clear the map cache when you've installed a new mod onto your current install.

7. sevin

sevin Member

Thanks.. brother. I'm so excited. I havent played since the game came out and all the hard work that went into these mods are just hear for enjoyment. THanks for getting me going.

gratefully,

Sevin

Our Host!