Meleny's sword

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Steyr, Aug 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Steyr

Steyr Member

Hi all,

Can somebody please remind me - is Meleny's dowry sword Lawful or Good (or both?).

Can it be used by somebody of evil or neutral alignment?

2. Seree

Seree Member

its a magical longsword +1 + holy dmg.

i think its usable by any alignment.. not sure though.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It is a +1 Holy Longsword. It is usable by anybody, but it will give a negative level to any evil character that equips it, i.e. they will effectively go down one level while it is equipped. I don't know if it will still do holy damage in the hands of an evil character.

4. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Actually, in my game (patch 2 + temple.zip), while it identifies as +1 holy, it's actually +3 holy.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

In the unmodded game, even before the official patches, that is the case. Either Liv's Mod or the Co8 patch, I forget which, changed it to +1 Holy.

6. WOLFGRIN

WOLFGRIN Member

SPOILER:

I haven't played this game since the first month it came out, and I've forgotten how to get Meleny to join the party -- and get her lovely sword.

I've completed the quest to get Filliken married and to get Althea and Marek together. Seems to me that Meleny, at this point, fell in love with my main character or something.

What up?

7. Da_Ediot

Da_Ediot Member

I hear a lot a people talking about and saw in a walkthrough that you have to complete the quests for getting her dad and sister married and then clearing the moathouse. I have managed to get her 3 times now by just talking to her a lot (with a high charisma) and completing the quest to get her sister married only. So that she is only a couple hundred points behind the rest of my party.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Specifically, you need a male character with 16+ charisma.

9. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Undead Chosen One

I'm not sure too, but I think it does - it depends of target character, not user char.
    Holy weapon hurts additionaly damage to Evil targets (or holydmg-sensitive creatures), Anarchic (chaotic) hurts Lawful targets, Unholy hurts Good targets (but Unholy Water also make acid damage to all targets) and Axiomatic (lawful) hurts Chaotic targets, i think...

10. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    One minor note on the "Flirting with Danger" quest where you get the +1 ( +3 ) Holy Longsword. If you are totally gung-ho about doing a "Solo" run through the game, you can still get the sword without having Meleny join your party. After Filliken gives you permission to marry Meleny ( and the Longsword ), leave the house without talking to Meleny. Meleny won't join your party until you talk to her again. Of course for regular play, I recommend having Meleny along for 5 reasons: Entangle, Barkskin, Animal Followers, Protection from Energy, and Flamestrike. Too keep her out of trouble, I stick her in the back with a light crossbow, and she usually comes through with a good shot when needed.
    Peregrine

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I give her a longspear myself.

The main reason to have Meleny is that gorgeous voice! Damn I'd love to meet the actress...

O yeah, I'm engaged now <sigh>

Our Host!