ToEE2:Co8 - interested?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by KillerSonic, Aug 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

ToEE2:TCo8

1. new game? no way, that's dull!

2.9%
  2. yes, yes, yes!!!!

85.7%
  3. i won't join but good idea.

2.9%
  4. i don't know........

8.6%
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes and the manner in which YOU say casters get spells contradicts the core rules.
    You make it sound like druids 'steal' power from nature, The power nature has is (in a similar way to clerics and thier deities) granted to the druids who nurture it and protect it.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I can't help you if you don't tell me which parts you don't understand. But you seem to have reformed yourself already, so I'm content to let it go as you ask. :)

3. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

allyx: what does it have to do with that post anyway?
    I just posted an idea but all you see is mistakes.
    and again YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE BOTTOM LINE, it's a conclusion from the HC meetings NOT WRITTEN BY ME, it's a simple copy-paste

gaear: seriously...the long words are usually the tougher ones....(i think)
    and i doubt anyone would notice a post on page two that i update when they already read the thread and moved on to page 3

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  4. Gaear

Well, that's the way forum threads usually work (comprehensively) . . . as opposed to blogs.

com-pre-hen-sive (adj.) dealing with all or many of the relevant details; including much; inclusive

;)

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I stick by my original assessment from another thread (http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2186) that this guy is a serious moron interested only in hearing himself blather. He's basically gone after Ted, Allyx & now Gaear for the sake of having sport. (Not to mention other posters) I say he needs to find his sport elsewhere...

:thumbsdow :blahblah:

(edits in parenthesis)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Right that enough fighting children, you'll have someone's eye out. Time to leave the poor lad alone and Ted said let those without spam cast the first vrock. If I wanted to have an argument I don't need to come online to get it. Don't make me come around to your house with my +2 baseball bat of knee caping :evil_laug

7. Lord_Spike

Well, if you can quote Ted, then I'll quote Gaear...

"...so I'm content to let it go as you ask."

But my opinion of him is un-altered. We were doing just fine, and we'll be just fine if he doesn't mistake kindness for weakness...again. I'm sure others have noticed this guy. He ought to be on his best behavior considering his previous conduct.

8. Gaear

Hey Spike - are you reminded of a certain rodent from our old Atari days?

9. Lord_Spike

Quite.

That one became likable after a fashion, once he settled down a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he was lurking hereabouts somewhere.

10. KillerSonic

i went trough the faq and for the mappers here(those who didn't already know):

The Village of Hommlett-or merely "Hommlett," as it is commonly called-is situated in the central part of the Flanaess, that portion of western Oerik Continent which is known and 'civilized.' The hamlet-sized village (local parlance having distinguished it with the greater term) is located some 30 leagues southeast of the town of Verbobonc, or thereabouts, on the fringe of the territory controlled by the noble Lord the Viscount of Verbobonc. It is at a crossroads.

To the north is the mighty Velverdyva River, along whose south bank runs the Lowroad. Many days' travel to the east, on the shores of the Lake of Unknown Depths (Nyr Dyv), is the great walled city of Dyvers. The village of Sobanwych lies about halfway along the route. Below that to the southeast and east are miles and miles of forest (the Gnarley), beyond which is the Wild Coast, Woolly Bay, and the Sea of Gearnat. The road south forks a league or so beyond the little community, one branch meandering off towards the Wild Coast, the other rolling through the lower Kron Hills to the village of Ostverk and then eventually turning southwards again into the elven kingdom of Celene. The western route leads into the very heart of the gnomish highlands, passing through Greenway Valley about a day's travel distant and going onwards to the Lortmil Mountains far beyond.

11. daetar

daetar Member

This thread..... :dizzy: :nosebleed

Which is too bad, because I'm also interested in building an expansion adventure or "ToEE2". Ah well, I'll either get my stuff together and submit a proposal here or wait and see if one crops up from the hardcore modders. :poke:

~daetar

12. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Just a word of caution but I've seen "projects" like this before, and not one has lived to see the light of day once the original developers caught wind of it.

Modding a game may be one thing, but taking an already licenced game and making a sequal/prequal based of this licence, I'm pretty sure is a no-no...

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Very good point.

Perhaps something that has been explored elsewhere and therefore is known not to annoy the licensee?

14. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Well, seems modding is allowed, I'm pretty sure you can get away with re-writing almost the entire story line. So technically your not "cashing in" (so to speak) on there licence and copywrites. Now grant it, it kinda kills the original posters ideas of a prequal, but even still has great possibilites I'd imagine.

With the talent I see here on this forum I'm sure there will be no lack of enjoyment playing a "New" ToEE. Of course this would require some real team effort and communication on those who would choose to get involved ;)

15. KillerSonic

ehh...well I know that twinsen's fans made a fan-game I quess i could try to get some info on that from the magicball community.....

Our Host!