Ted's mod is HERE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Well, I think that's what I'm doing. Asking questions. But thanks for the info. At least I have a partial list, and it looks like there's some good stuff there.

2. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

If you gimme a day or two I'll scrap up all I have and make a post. I would have gotten a little more detailed but I just worked all night and was heading off to bed, sorry man =/ Hope that post didn't sound like I was knocking you, cause I wasn't. I lack subtlety in my posts sometimes =/

3. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

No sweat. I work 7 days a week myself, although not at nights. I know about being tired and not thinking straight, especially since I have to get up at 4:30 am. But I'll look forward to that post whenever you get it ready. Thanks.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

There is a tread in the general modding forum which is a list of console commands here

5. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Yeah, I just found that thread about an hour ago. Thanks.

6. Deadman

Deadman Member

Minor flaws: My pointer no longer changes to the grasping hand, runner, etc. Sunom will give her item for Desperate Housewives every time you report no more trouble. My custom portraits now cause ctd (no biggie on that one)

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I don't know what to say about the pointer.

I will fix the Sunom thing - thanks for letting me know..

And you have to reinstall custom portraits, that can't be helped. Its mentioned in the Guide.

8. Deadman

Deadman Member

I reinstalled them and they still crash. As I said, It's no biggie, just some naked women...

About the pointer though. I know nothing of modding or how it might affect other portions of the game so I ask: Could the pointer no longer changing be linked somehow to the pointer/giant head item or am I just showing my ignorance?

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

The strange looking giant head icon is a result of either the wrong number in the protos or inventory.mes (kinda = the same thing) anyway, the icon is a "default" icon the game uses when it doesn't know what it's sposed to be looking for.

10. Shiningted

The giant's head icon issue is discussed at
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=18413#post18413

Ok I fixed Sunom (thanks again Deadman) and tried to test the Bless scroll issue, but Calmert won't darn well refresh his inventory! I bought 2 potions, then waited all up 14 days including a wander in the Meadows and still nothing.

Will try again tomorrow.

11. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Would a "blessings for the dead" dialog option with Calmert work?

Rather than mess with his existing inventory, you could tell him you need a blessing for the un-quiet dead. He gives you a price, you say yes or no, and the scroll is placed in your inventory. It could be done in the same way as buying Masterwork items from the smith.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  12. Shiningted

Absolutely... would be a better way of doing it too (buying a Bless scroll isn't really securing a Blessing). I think that can wait for the SE edition though Old Book, I want to come up with a couple of more interesting options for completing that quest. For now, I really want to add something else to Calmert's inventory too, so I will keep working on it.

13. reow

reow Member

Hi,

I'm new to this message board, so only recently downloaded and installed Ted's mod (following the instructions regarding official patches, co8 patch, Liv's patch, Ted's patch etc), and I am experiencing a minor (but critical) problem.

After killing Lareth (didn't need him), I attempted to loot his draws for his journal etc, but the game refused to open the looting window. The cursor changes to a hand when hovering over the draws, open lock can be used on them successfully, but it simply doesn't open the looting window.

At first I thought this was because I have recently installed Direct X 9.0c, so rolled that back to 9.0 to no avail. Then I attempted reinstalling 9.0c and adding official patch 3 over the top to fix the problem, again to no avail. I also tried placing the save game and character files into the appropriate directories of a fresh install (no patches), and renaming them appropriately, but that didn't work (crash on load - about what I expected for such an obvious hack).

Has anybody else experienced this problem, and if so, could you please tell me your work-around for the situation? I don't mind restarting the game (it's obviously in early stages), but don't want to waste time getting stuck at the same point each time.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I've found that you can ask Frank for sugar multiple times, then trade it for the cauldron multiple times. You can also tell the weaver's wife that the goblins won't be causing prolems any more multiple times, and get the apparatus multiple times. If this is already fixed, then obviously what I dl'ed wasn't the latest version - which might explaing the Lareth problem.

14. Shiningted

I have fixed the weaver's wife thing but haven't put it in a patch yet: it'll be up within 24 hours (hopefully closer to 2).

I knew about Frank, its actually mentioned in the Guide: since people can just console in the items at any point I didn't try too hard to make the quest unbreakable. Meh, I'll fix it.

My patch didn't touch Lareth, I don't know what to say about that.

Thanks for the feedback: check back soon for the new patch.

Edit: Quick update, the patch is done but not tested, that'll take a couple hours in the morning. Will still make the 24 hour timeframe.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  15. Shiningted

Done with like 6 hours to spare!

So: Patch 1.0.5 is up!

Get it here:

http://files.co8.org/mods/Teds_patch_105.zip

This contains fixes for the issues above (Frank will still give you as much sugar as u want - I can't think of a reason for him not to! He has a huge bag of it, he's friendly, and you can't sell it, but now Myella only gives u one cauldron. Sunom issue fixed too). Cerulean's Random Encounter thing is in there too - tested and had my mod's random encounter on a forest road, very nice :D. Borsook's MoatHouse quest is in there too (thats a thing where clearing the moathouse completes a quest - see Terjon or Jaroo to initiate it). That seems to work fine too, and best of all

CUJO V2 is here!

Now, there are certain issues regarding installation, so listen carefully (or read the install.txt thing).

BEFORE installing this mod delete the following folders;

data/art/meshes/armor/black_noble
    data/art/meshes/shields
    data/art/meshes/robes
    data/art/meshes/armor/villagers

All of these folders are going to be replaced in the install, so only delete them once. You MUST do this, you will have CTDs otherwise.

Then, to install this patch, just point at Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil and unzip. And thats it!

Note it is NOT compatible with Allyx's shop map. I have tomorrow off, so hopefully that will get taken care of then, but for now, its one or the other, can't be helped. I wanted to get this out straight away so you can have a look at Cujo's new stuff. Weapons and armour available from Ah Fong, robes etc available from Jinnerth the tailor.

Our Host!