D&D 3.5 rules

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by PharaunMizzrym, Aug 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Did the 3.5 rules change Ranger's hp per level to 1d8?
    Where can I get some update on the new rules? I do have all three 3.0 core rulebooks but they seem out of date.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Yes, they did change ranger HD to d8.
    Here's a couple links you may find useful:

For a quick reference to 3.5 (VERY good site):
    http://d20srd.org/index.htm

For a downloadable/printable set of the core rules, the SRD is at:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a

For a rundown on how 3.5 differs from 3.0:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a
    -and-
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040801x

Not too sure how helpful these last links will be, as I never explored them, and never played 3.0, but anyway, there they are.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  3. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

They did? Why the hell?! :angry:

4. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

Because Rangers aren't front-line warriors like stock paladins and fighters. They're more flankers and long-range, hence the same hit die as monks.

5. iplaydnd35

iplaydnd35 Member

many other things were changed for the ranger from 3.o to 3.5

6. Borsook

Well, after looking closly at the new ranger I gotta hand it to them, he's well balanced. It's just I'm too much used to 2nd ed...

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Bah...

1st Edition is where it was really at...especially for rangers. They have been changed to not being the front-line types, as they originally were, and still should be. In many places of the World of Greyhawk, they are the only line of defense...hence their awesome combat skill(s).

New rules are simply a means of selling rule books...so, once again....

ba-aa-aa.

8. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Yeah, they are using every opportunty to empty our pockets. I bought all three 3rd core rulebooks in english 'cause they weren't supposed to be released in Polish, which is my native language. They were released in Polish few months ago. Now I see there are 3.5 rulebooks but I'll have to wait about a year to see them in Polish. (Not a problem for me, but for my friends who want to play with me). So I'm stuck for now.

What sucks is that AFAIK there aren't any adventures in Forgotten Realms which I would prefer to DM. The D&D adventures are in Greyhawk. Or am I wrong?

9. Lord_Spike

There are many worlds in the D&D multi-verse; Oerth (Greyhawk) & Faerun (Forgotten Realms) are only two of them. All my favorite adventures are set in 1st Edition Greyhawk. But the beauty is, you can create your own worlds and realms as far as DMing goes. It'll be the most fun playing you can have, as you will be unfmiliar with nothing that is not of your own creation and design. I highly recommend it.

10. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Too bad they don't have a computer game that will let you create your own universe. Sure, each game has it's editor and you can create mods for each game. But AFAIK, there isn't a single RPG maker that will let you create your own playable mods or games and share with your buddies. I don't necessarily mean multi-play, but I know people like that. I don't. Oh, how I wish for the good old days when you could get together with a bunch of friends and play good old fashioned pen and paper games.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

From where this game is headed, I'll be able to bring in my own multiverse. I'm writing a script/story in flash, a pick a path story.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Cujo's choose your own adventure!

Ending 1: You are eaten by a dog.

Ending 2: Rabid dogs devour your still living flesh.

Ending 4: The wide-open maws of a pack of snarling dogs is the last thing you ever see...

Ending 12: A snarl behind you makes you start to turn, but you never quite get there...

Ending 28: The man's sign says, "look up ^". You do so, just in time to see a piano come crashing down on you. Your last thought is, "why was there a dog playing that piano?" You realise his Bach was worse than his bite.

Ending 47: You reach for your gun, but the DogSlinger pumps 5 rounds from his smoking Smith & Westrealm .50 through your heart.

Ending 85: You are eaten by 2 dogs. Never trust a cannibal Indian.

Ending 95: The puppy says, "but mamma, I want a human too!" Mamma Dog says, "sure honey, you can have some of the shank".

13. Lord_Spike

:clap: :clap: :clap:

14. Borsook

You can download free "booklet" containing all the changes from 3e to 3.5e, so if you have 3.e books you don't have to buy the new ones (unless you want to)

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

You forgot the one where the pack of dogs beat you to death with pool cues.

Our Host!