Random Encounters & Lotus

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by PharaunMizzrym, Aug 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

omg! Allyx you're a genius!(don't get that a lot, eh?)
    I just added your mod and protos and voila no crash!
    and here i tought i have to reinstall the game and the mods....

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Is that the shop map thing? If so tell me what you think [<sob>...nobody want's to...<sniff sniff>...give me feedback...<sob>].

3. KillerSonic

i haven't even got to checking that stuff...i have to get the new dlg to work...(stupid paladin) but i'll check it out soon and send you some feedback:)

4. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

I added that mod Allyx, and I still start like I normally would. Cleared the maps cache, started a new game, and sorry no shop map for me *cry* :(

5. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

The shop map works for me and it's great. Would be even better if it used some other then the premade maps.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I was gonna suggest we put the Lotus in Mother Screng's herb shop inventory, makes sense and I think Liv assumes you will have done the quest by the time u get to Nulb.

7. KillerSonic

well...the thing is...some people(like me) have evil partys and 'accidently' killed her....

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

People like yourself who go around 'accidently' killing folks they need for quests should have to accept the consequences of their actions.

And you're so evil you butcher old ladies, but still spend your time hunting for cures for sick little girls? Thats roleplayinaringly fascinating :confused:

9. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Maybe he hates old people? Or has a fear of getting old himself so he takes it out on old ladies?

10. KillerSonic

ehh nope I tought that her 'daughter' was hiding something and couldn't avoid the combat, after I had to kill scereng too...but i didn't get any 'butcher' reputation(and that silly 'daughter' wasn't hiding anything:mad:)

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Of course they are hiding something. Too bad you'll need a ouija board to figure it out...

12. KillerSonic

I tought she was hiding an item...I know about that 'big secret'

13. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Some recents posts about not changing other peoples mods except for bug fixes has got me thinking if I should even change this. I'm not trying to make it easier to find the Lotus, just trying to make it so that the encounter will happen at some point during the game. I've played at least 7 games where the encounter never happened. I don't know if Liv intended it to be that difficult to get the encounter, but I don't think she did. Could this be considered a bug fix?

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I remember her saying at some point that she'd make something with a 1 in 200 chance to happen. (maybe the lotus) anyway she said that while she was testing that it seemed to happen almost every time. So if that was the case then I think she thought that this encounter might've been more frequent than it is for some people. I think make it more likely to find personally, even tho I'm not keen on changing her other stuff, maybe put the Lotus in Mother Screng's herb shop inventory (as Ted said).

15. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I think you could make a change to it, CB, and no one would think the worse of you for it. It's really about respect, and you've shown plenty enough to make the fix. Ted's idea is good, but that would make it automatic...and some might then complain about that. So, we're back to what's best for the most I suppose. My vote is for altering the odds & leaving it random. That's more like how it was designed by Liv, IMO.

Our Host!