Darely dlg changes

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by KillerSonic, Aug 22, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

Darley dlg changes (download)

I edited darley's dlg files for paladins...it's not much but she'll join you when you have a fallen paladin.
    (this hasn't been tested yet, so please do so)
    unpack them to '/data/dlg'
    NOTE:this is the fixed dialouge for Darley in the fire node made for paladins.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  2. KillerSonic

ok this is spoilerish...editing the dlg now...

3. KillerSonic

ahh great a paladin can now continue talking to her...but the new stuff isn't there, any ideas?

i just can't get paladin responses to 'may I join you' :censored: :chairshot

4. KillerSonic

ehh...I'm using lines 400-420 and changed the lines 91 and 92 wich link to 400. have I done anything wrong?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes, you stuck lines 400f between 92 and 93. As I mentioned in my dialogue-writing tutorial, the game doesn't parse these files (if thats the right term here), it executes them sequentially. That'd be the first thing to fix, then see what happens.

Edit: Just noticed: you have to end on a 'bye' from the player, not the NPC. Add lines 411 and 421 with {E:}{}{1}{}{0}{}

6. KillerSonic

yes i know i changed that...actually i created(copied...duh) a new section for paladins(i'm really starting to hate them) and i changed the order...the files here are a bit out-of-date and there was a line linking to 430 but there was no 430....have to test now

now i REALLY screwed up...ahh well back to work

7. KillerSonic

Here's the work i have done now and a backup of darley_as_demon before the whole big change. would you mind checking them?

-deleted content-

8. KillerSonic

erm...now it gets to 'by all that is holy, what are you' and then there's only 1 empty line and you can't do a thing...:(

9. KillerSonic

this is the area where the disturbance should be:
    {40}{[She glares at you for a moment and then her form shifts and wavers. Horns appear on her head and small bat-like wings sprout from her shoulders]}{[She glares at you for a moment and then her form shifts and wavers. Horns appear on her head and small bat-like wings sprout from her shoulders]}{}{40}{}{}
    {41}{By all that is holy! What the devil are you?}{}{8}{pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_paladin) > 0}{430}{}
    {42}{For da gods, what be you?}{}{-7}{pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_paladin) > 0}{430}{}
    {43}{What are you?}{}{8}{(game.party_alignment != LAWFUL_GOOD) and (game.party_alignment != NEUTRAL_GOOD) and (game.party_alignment != CHAOTIC_GOOD) and pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_paladin) == 0}{50}{}
    {44}{Whoa!}{}{-7}{}{50}{}
    i edited it and added a dumb response...and quess what i can choose both dumb AND wise responses...and now i get 2 empty fields that make the game get stuck, lucky me!

10. KillerSonic

ok dumb and smart are now seperated...ready for another test?

oh great...again back to 1 blank option

TEST2: Gonna remove dumb response
    RESULT: other than no dumb response...nothing

TEST3: going with a sense motive skill...~(had to remove no-paladin)
    RESULT:nothing...this is useless

11. KillerSonic

if there is a good modder out there...go for it i can't seem to make it work, thus i quit:( here's the content for darley's dlg with all my progress in it:

-deleted content-

12. KillerSonic

:chairshot omg, omg, omg! :imwithstu just some lil' mistakes hard to spot and voila it works :thumbsup: all thanks to 'proto editor' :doublethu anyway...gonna remove my content now...and make things work as they should have worked!

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well for starters you missed my last piece of advice, which was an edit posted immmediately after my reply and a good 8 minutes before your next avalanche:
    Otherwise I don't see a problem. Try putting seperate arguments in brackets - {flags[180] == 1 and (d20 (is paladin fallen) == 1) and not (pc followers atmax())}. That might help. Compare how the arguments are bracketed in lines 211 & 212.

Edit: You got it going? Good for u! Proto-Ed is great for bug-finding dlg's, init? Btw, were these mistakes in Darley's original files? I found some, but only remember them being typos (my mod has both Darley files with improved spelling).

14. KillerSonic

i don't think they were in originals and the dialouge is done...yet i don't think i need to add a PC goodbye...i tested it and it works fine without it
    -now updating download-

15. KillerSonic

it's done now!!!

and ted i posted those messages after every 10-30 minutes...i don't think that's an avalanche

Our Host!