Your Favorite Parties

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by OldSchoolGamer, Jul 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

In 3.0 & 3.5 it's possible to multiclass with every race. Still there is a limit up to three classes and you might incure some XP penalties. Try the in-game help for more info.

I prefer playing single classes and the optimal party is IMO: Fighter (no particular Specialization), Cleric(always Law domain, crafting), Bard (Enchantment, reach weapons), Rogue (Two-Weapon Fighting), Wizard (Evocation, crafting, Empower).

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

This site's good for 3.5 rules:
    http://d20srd.org/index.htm

I generally stay pure as well, though I often do just 3 levels of rogue, which is plenty for this game, plus gives me the +2d6 sneak damage, and then go fighter from then on. I'll often give him a reach weapon, letting him flank and sneak attack all the more easily.
    Other than that, I tend to stay pure: a fighter, barbarian, or paladin, a wizard, a cleric, and maybe a monk or an archery ranger.

PS: My cleric is always the good domain, which I find slightly better than law, plus then I can go Pelor and get sun for greater turning and an extra flame strike.

3. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Well, I made up a party last night following Old Book's post, except I made a paladin instead of a druid. I'll see how that goes, and maybe I'll multi-class one or two. I'm with you, Lord Plothos, I prefer single class charachters myself, but since I got only 5 players instead of 6 as with Baldur's Gate, I might have to compromise on this issue.

4. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

1. human paladin
    2. dwarven barbarian
    3. elf rogue
    4. human cleric (or druid)
    5. elf sorceror (or wizard)

It's probably pretty typical...

5. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Is it possible to multi-class a barbarian? I guess you can in this game, but I was just wondering what you would mutli-class him as. I know in literary circles Conan was probably the best example of multi-classing. No matter what he later became, he was always a barbarian at heart. He was a fighter, rogue, assassin, pirate; everything but a wizard. Is it possible in this game to have a barbarian/wizard? That would be funny.

6. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Indeed, almost everyone in the temple is evil so crafting Holy weapons might seem more profitable, but not so good when most of your party is evil, because they get a negative level. Yet you can always get some holy weapons (heavy mace and longsword for sure) in the game and make them Axiomatic. Or even take both Good and Law domains.

A 10th level hastened and invisible (or flanking) rogue with Improved Two-Weapon Fighting and Opportunist can make 6 (SIX) sneak attacks per round. That's about 200 damage if your lucky or more with proper weapons.

I've never played with the level uncapper, since the game is becoming too easy, but a 20th level Rogue... sheesh he'd probably took out Zuggy in a single round if she weren't Immune to Criticals and therefore Sneak Attacks.

7. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

You can pretty much multiclass everything with everything. Why don't you read game manual? It's all there.
    PS. Many "powergamers" give barbarians 2 levels of fighter...

8. offtheboat

offtheboat Member

I'm running 6 PCs. Never took any NPCs unless they are needed for a quest...

Human Fighter 6 / Paladin 4
    Dwarf Fighter 10
    Elf Monk 7 / Ranger 3
    Human Sorceror 10
    Half-Orc (Barbarian 1 / Cleric 4 / Druid 5) = orc shaman!
    Gnome Bard 5 / Enchanter 5

9. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Not sure about this, but is it only possible to do law and good as a cleric of moradin in ToEE? Looked into this once, and I seem to recall coming to that conclusion.

Edit: never mind, just realized Heironeous would work too.

Edit#2: as would Yondalla.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  10. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

D'oh! I did glance at the manual, but when I was playing the real deal (close to 15 years ago), I never did much fancy multi-classing characters. I never did like the idea of splitting the xp's. Since I'm totally unfamiliar with D&D 3.5, I'll have to read that section more closely. Barbarian/wizard? I just might have to try that.

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Nature Party:

Druid - Female Half Elf (12)
    Barbarian - Human male (13)
    Bard - Elf female (11)
    Rogue/Ranger - Halfing male (6/5)

Played with level cap removed, and no NPC's. Quite enjoyable.

===========================

Fie, and a pox upon all new-fangled 3.5 edition character creations!

12. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

OK, I got Liv's 1.5 and Ted's mods installed. How do I remove the level cap, and do I need to pick up any NPC's? I've just met Elmo, and did include him in my party. But since I re-installed this game on my pc last week, I've started it a couple of times, mostly after reading posts in this forum and installing the mods. But I really haven't gotten much past Elmo when real life steps in and puts a halt to my gaming that night. ( I envy you young people who either don't have to work, go to school and have hours to play this game afterward, or whatever. I'm lucky to get about 4 hours of computer time a night).

13. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Young people...? No jobs...?

:anger: :censored: :punch: :chairshot

Seriously, you can check around the forum here for the level cap remover. IIRC, Dulcaoin is who we have to thank for it.

14. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Well, I didn't want to insult anyone by calling them kids. Heck, I'm only 42 myself. I remember when Pool of Radiance first came out back in 1989/1990. I played that game whenever I had a spare moment (on my old Commodore 64). I think it's about the only computer RPG I've ever finished. I was playing Baldur's Gate a couple of years ago when my PC got zapped by lightning. I was about half-way through the game, and I just didn't have the heart to start from the beginning again. Anyway, I'll look for that forum. Thanks.

15. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Hey, that's about me. Lately I've spending like 15h/day. :)

The level cap remover is turned on by default.

Our Host!