crafting: adding weapon effects on armor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Seree, Aug 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Seree

Seree Member

hey all..

i just noticed that its possible to add weapon effects like flaming.. etc even to armor pieces.. though i dont know if that would be of any use ^^
    for monks maybe if there are any gloves which will improve their combat abilities like in nwn?

Since this wasnt mentioned in Lord Plothos crafting guide i thought it might not be known!

just go into the craft menu.. select a weapon you would like to "upgrade" then click on the enchantment you want to add.. then click on an armor piece and on the > button.
    it looks like the weapon enchantment is still selected in the background and thus gets applied to the armor piece.

seree

*edit* when iam at it... do gloves, shoes or capes add anything to your characters defense or stats? they usually state +0 armor +bonus/penalies..

in bg2 helmets protected you from crits... :O

or are they just a visual thing?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  2. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Where can I find this Lord Plothos crafting guide you mentioned?

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

You can get it at gamefaqs.com, or on the forum at gamebanshee.com

4. Seree

Seree Member

2 replies and none of them regarding my questions.. not nice.. nono !

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

They can, I'm not sure about crafting them but modding them in the Protos can add those things. I'm just about to test if I can add damage bonuses to gloves (brass knuckles, or tiger claws)

6. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Sorry bout the not answering the question thing. Didn't catch the question part of the post in my glance over it.

Ahem, as cujo mentioned, they CAN do something, but they don't. According to 3.5, armor often includes things like gloves, gauntlets, and helmets. You could get gloves to add fire damage to a monk's punches or something, I suppose, but I'm not aware of any such item in the DMG.

These things can, however, have other enhancements, such as gloves of giant strength and maybe a helm of read magic, etc.

So, to get armor value out of them, you'd have to mod the game. As they are, unless they're magic, they're just for show.

Our Host!