craft x feat & console experience

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Seree, Aug 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Seree

Seree Member

hey all.. after realizing that i will probably never use these meta magic feats i took with my cleric, i decided to make a new cleric with other feats this time.

in short: I used console to get xp but now craft xp =! actual xp. is that normal?

Full Story:
    so i jumped over to the the next inn.. which was apparently the pretty empty brothel *whisle* ;) (that glowing battle axe just looked to nice.. and hey.. the gal attempted to rob me after all! )

well back to the point.. i swapped all items from the cleric to my other chars.. deletete here from the party menu.. and created a new cleric.

from variouse threads i've learned that there are multiple cheats which give you xp.." there are for example (levelup; stat_base_set ; award_experience)

so i played around till i was about to archieve lvl 6.. and i took the craft magic item feat.

but then .. when trying to craft an item.... it showed to me that this character has 0 xp :O
    i traveled to homelet.. in the hope to get a random encounter .. and luckily stumbeled upon 3 lizard men... after i killed these.. and continued traveling to homelett and looked again at the "craft magic item menu" and tada.. now i got 126 xp. (i actually expected it to be refreshed to proper values.. but noo)

so i added via console xp to this char.. and i was added to the xp value in the craft item screen... ?!
    i then tried to reset my xp to 0.. but then i had -15000 xp(remember i was about to archieve lvl 6) in the "craft item screen".... after some more tries i gave up...

it looks like crafting xp is not counting before you actually get the "craft x" feat.. am i wrong?

sereee

2. Seree

Seree Member

ah.. damn.. i think i already found the solution in lord plothos crafting guide on gamefaqs...

5. Enough experience for the caster above the point required for his last
    level-up (i.e., if crafting a weapon would cause you to lose so much xp
    that you'd lose a level, ToEE will not allow you to make the weapon).

sorry for the inconvenience...

seree

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Wow, somebody who researches his problem! Sweet! J.K. :)
    Glad my faq was helpful, though. I was gonna say.
    The -15000 would, as I'm sure you figured out, represent the amount below your last level up you were since reducing your xp. It seems reducing your xp via the console won't reduce your level (and the one time I tried it I got a crash the next time the guy encountered an xp gain).

4. gregebowman

gregebowman Member

Are all these console codes I've been reading about in your guide, Lord Plothos? And if not, where I can I find a list of them?

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

They're not, but here are the good ones:

For money:
    game.party[0].money_adj(xxxxx)

---xxxx= amount in cp of money you want to get (will come in pp, gp, etc., but value is in cp)

For experience:
    game.party[X].award_experience(xxxx)

For more hp:
    game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_hp_max,Y)

For stats:
    game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_strength,Y)

---Replace the X with 0 for party member 1, 1 for member 2, etc.. Replace Y with the number you want the stat to be. (For HP, this is prior to adding any con bonus).

Our Host!