Ted's mod is HERE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its a fair call Old Book, I have no time for 'crossovers' either (unless I made them myself ;)). Its why I don't expect or even want my mod in Co8 4.0.0 (though all the other stuff, SaM and Playful NPC's and the tiny fixes and such can all go in, as they are simple improvements of the current content). But as I was saying to ummm I think it was Cerulean the other day, when I first started creating this mod, folks like Zhuge and Liv were still regular contributors here and I only ever envisaged my mod as being some fun on the side.

2. Shiningted

New patch is done, just doing a beginning-to-end test, will be up in an hour or so.

Now, re the 'NPC dies and I hear SPugnoir issue' (just noticed it was mentioned twice here, not once... missed that second one, sorry Old Book). Its been reported elsewhere too, and I have got to the bottom of it. This is caused by the game using Spugnoir's script as a 'default' death script (san_dying to be exact). So it not only fires the script in Spugnoir's file, but for some berserk reason it uses Spuggie's associated vocal file. O well: mixed blesssing that, it DOES explain why some of my other voice tests didn't vocalise but did show the floating text (I can fix that now :D) but my dreams of running all the voices from one script file are shattered, I am going to have to introduce them for each character individually. Thats a lot of work. :yawn:

Anyways, it will be fixed in Playful NPCs version 2, which should be out in a week or so and should include the 'entering combat' voice and the whole 'I need healing / I'm getting out of here' response (and an 'I'm getting out of here' action too!)

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You need a new proto for that, right ted? changing san_dying numbers et al... don't worry about posting the changes, beyond compare does all my file merges for me.

4. Shiningted

Ok new patch is here!

http://files.co8.org/mods/Teds_patch_104.zip

Now whats it do... Firstly, it adds a new shopkeeper to Nulb, Ah Fong, the most disgraceful piece of stereotyping since the Trade Federation! He will sell you the new weapons done by Heavy Dan and others (not the good ordnance though like the Smyth and Westrealm gear, that has to be consoled in at the appropriate moment til I can come up with some decent encounters for them). Hmmm... just realised, I forgot the armour! Bugger... o well, there's something for tomorrow. But for now, you can get the non-magical tattoo from Yvy, magical one from Mother Screng, new clothes from Jinnerth and now new weapons from Ah Fong. He lives in the east-most house in Nulb, off the walkway that runs past Otis' place and directly south of the pub.

Also, I have completed the long-promised beefing of the finale of my mod. It is not perfect, but it is a lot better, pretty much as close as I can get to what I have in mind (for the moment). I am pretty happy with it! One thing though... if you complete the finale there will come a point when the game appears to pause - you still have control, sounds and animations continue, but nothing happens for about 5 seconds. Thats just the game dealing with a change of situation, just relax, enjoy the music, read the floating text, count slowly to 5 and it'll all be right.

Also: use of game-breaking super-weapons such as the Sword of Cahoem in that final encounter will almost certainly cause a CTD. But it is not as hard as it first appears - look for one participant to bug out long before it is finished.

I have also done a couple other little tinkers. I have removed the death-rattle from Spugnoir so it doesn't show up when other people die, that'll hopefully all be taken care of in a week or so and i will have some more voices incorporated. I have also incorporated Liv's juggernaut fix, and the couple of dlg fixes above.

Note the internal docs refer to the patch as 1.1, but that can wait til I put the armour in the shop. For the moment its 1.0.4.

Addendum: Thanks Allyx, I have been making a list as it is so you can check.

Also, the pricing of the weapons is a bit erratic, I left alone whatever price was put in the protos.tab by the creator for the normal weapons, but some of the masterwork ones were identical so I buffed them by 200gp (thats about 300 at the counter, the difference between normal and masterwork for the stuff in Brother Smyth's shop).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  5. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Tried the new ending, and liked it. Well done. :)

Note: One standard party set-up I use includes characters with Lawful Axiomatic weapons by level 7; a team equipped with these might manage to take down a certain new player in this encounter. If that really will cause a CTD, is there any way to arange for him not to crash the game if he dies?

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

feel free to change the prices on my items, well some are suposed to be really expensive (almost priceless) but others, well I've no idea how much the cost should be, thats D&D stuff.

7. Shiningted

Old Book: Not atm, but he has over 400hp, and you only have to knock off a pittance of those to take him out of the fight.

Meh, its a workaround. I can't bear to leave him out ;)

8. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

Here's Moat as quest made compatible with Ted's 1.04, should anyone care for such things...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  9. Shiningted

Thanks, I'd seen that file on the server and wondered what it was... I'll take a look at it and throw it in. :)

10. [BlackRaven]

[BlackRaven] Member

Erm... this may sound irrelevant, but well, could some of you guys make it possible for a halberd ingame? I really am a sucker for polearms, correct me if I am wrong cause I think only glaive, ranseur, longspear exist? Bleh it's a simple request, please... I want a (masterwork) halberd, stuff it in >:D

Oh and hey, you guys are 1337 |-|@x0|Z, your works are KICKASS (esp. Liv, Drifter, Agetian and you Ted). I may not post often but I really appreciate your helpful contributions to this very crappy game, it's actually not now, great work peeps.

(Also... a [PWNZ0R] samurai is not complete without -samurai- armors and helms, so make em too!! XD)

- [BlackRaven]

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You forgot the guisarme.

12. Shiningted

Don't forget all the bill versions, we need hooks for when we introduce mounted characters ;)

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Can't do it, there are some of those polearms (halberd) in the game but they cause a CTD when you equip them. :writersbl

14. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

***Might be spoiler***

*sigh* I dunno what the ghost wants for the "desperate Housewives" quest. I've asked around and can find nada on it. Any suggestions?

(sorry wasnt sure where to post this question)

15. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

I have the same problem. Ted give some cookie crumbs to follow... :)

Our Host!