Otis death rattle/other voice issues/Lareth non-speaking

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sasquatch, Aug 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. sasquatch

sasquatch Member

1) When I killed Otis after looting his anvil (NE Party) he gave Spugnoir's death cry... "Oh, my scrolls"

LOL

Quite entertaining, that little pansy book worm.

Is this a Troika snafu, or did the new voices patch (i think it was in teds killer mod?) do this?

2) After applying Ted's patch, I noticed one of my characters voice changed - from female to male (which confuses me at times) Is there any way to edit the characters voices after you've started a game? Or is it fixed once the game begins?

3) Right now I am running thru a NE party. Showed up at Lareths hang-out, used my talker in the party to talk to the guard, then the lieutenant, after they insisted on fighting me, I finally got to Lareth, and he didn't even speak to me once I entered his room, he just attacked (normally even with any Good aligned party he first chats with you) and then he didn't plead for his life at any point. I really wanted to let him go so I could break him out of prison. But alas, he just kept on attacking even when he had over 40 dmg on him. So he had to go. Is this normal with an evil party? (This is the first time I am going thru as evil)

On a side note, it looks like killing Terjon will take a very strong party...

I am also curious as to how it will affect the traders (who offered me to join their "assassination club") if i sell them Lareths boots. (I've got an elf rogue that I have wielding a rapier -- and I want to get the assassin's rapier +2 that they send after you)

Sasquatch

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

1) Thats been reported before on a single occasion, also involving Spugnoir (though not Otis). This is caused by the game using Spugnoir's script as a 'default' death script (san_dying to be exact). So it not only fires the script in Spugnoir's file, but for some berserk reason it uses Spuggie's associated vocal file. O well: mixed blesssing that, it DOES explain why some of my other voice tests didn't vocalise but did show the floating text (I can fix that now :D) but my dreams of running all the voices from one script file are shattered, I am going to have to introduce them for each character individually. Thats a lot of work. :yawn:

Re your specific problem, it will be fixed in Playful NPCs version 2, coming out in about a week.

2) This has also been reported before on a single occasion. Are you using my new PC voices as well? If so, try reinstalling the control files, though they don't actually get changed by my mod and really shouldn't impact it.

The only thing I can think of in my mod that MIGHT affect the existing characters is sticking in the Giant PC. (Sorry Cujo, I know this gets blamed for a lot of things, but I can't see anything else in the mod that affects the existing players let alone their voices). Try moving the Giant out of the players folder and see if that has an effect.

3) Lareth's plate boots are marked as such because they will be recognised by the traders, and you will have an assassin on your tail as soon as you like.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

take the giant out, I don't care, I only made it for testing stuff and chucked it in my mod as an after thought.

4. Belgham

Belgham Member

I believe you have to get Lareth to badly wounded, then stop attacking him. He will offer to surrender the next round.

5. Adoniis

Adoniis Member

Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. I'm having the same problem really. I have to use an invis spell and sneak with my rouge into his room and click "Talk" to get him to speak to me. Then, and only then can I get him to talk and NOT fight to the death.

Our Host!