reloading

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by halarious, Aug 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. halarious

halarious Member

ok, i was waiting for liv's 2.0 mod, but i decided i really wanted to see what ted cooked up,so i reloaded everything i could find;

patch 1
    patch 2
    co8 fanfix 304
    moebius temple dll.
    liv's 1.5.1 mod(easy setup version)
    frontend 3.0(along with the .net thingie)
    pccounter
    max hp
    humble npc
    ted's mod
    ted's patch
    y'dey file
    juggernaught fix

does anybody know if i've missed anything?
    and i'd like to thank all the modders out there,and the co8 community for making this a great game, and a great site!

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

We're still at 12? Damn we need the Co8 4.0 thingy.

Moebius' temple.dll is in Liv's mod, and is 'Drifterfied' in mine, you didn't need that step, otherwise it looks fine :)

Edit: I am pretty sure the MaxHP and HumbleNPC things are built into FrontEnd, but I could be mistaken, if someone could clarify that?

3. halarious

halarious Member

clarity is a beautiful thing,(also, a very rare thing!) :crazy:

4. Shiningted

Is my mod going ok? The patches are as much new content as 'fixes', should work fine.

5. halarious

halarious Member

i havn't started yet, i'm not even sure if i installed right.
    do i just put everything into the toee files, or do i open each folder and copy/paste them into the same named folders ie: data folder into data folder :
    confused:

also, do i erase those dat files, or is that only if i make a backup?

i don't understand, i am sooo confused!!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  6. halarious

halarious Member

i'm doing something wrong with my install, cause ted's mod is going ctd.
    install order:
    patch 1
    patch 2
    co8
    liv's
    ted's
    at this point i check the game,and i crash
    so i figure i installed wrong, cause i don't speak computer very well.
    would it be possible for someone to give me step by step install instructions, keeping in mind that i don't know anything about computers.
    i would really appreciate this.
    thanks in advance.

if anybody ever mods a Homlett village idiot, you can name him after me!

:help: :notworthy :scratchhe

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It is my understanding they are not built in, just supported. You still need to have them in your ToEE directory.

The only files you delete are the gibberish named files in the module\ToEE\maps folder. Do not delete anything else. Just unzip Ted's mod to your Atari\ToEE folder. Everything will extract into the right spots. The same goes for Ted's patch. When asked if you want to replace a file, click on "Yes to All". If you installed this way and are still getting a CTD, I'm stumped.

8. halarious

halarious Member

ok i deleted everything and reinstalled, i put ted's mod directly into c:atari/toee. there where no files to delete in the maps folder.(i thinks thats because i used liv's easy install) i'm still crashing.
    does anybody have any ideas what i'm doing wrong? :confused: :questionm

9. Shiningted

Hmmmm...

Ok, install the game, and run patches one and two.

Unzip the Co8.zip into Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil. Run the Co8 exe, and it will patch to Co8 3.0.4

Then unzip Liv's stuff to a spare folder. Move the data folder into Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil, overwriting the data folder there. Move the temple.dll and txt files into that folder (Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil), then open the modules folder, then ToEE, and insert Liv's maps folder into the ToEE folder, again overwriting the one there. Then open it and make sure you delete any funny looking files.

Run the game, make up a party (from pregenerated characters) and a kwik-start alignment (LN, TN or LE). Did it work? Is Kent there? If it doesn't CTD and Kent is standing there, you're good to continue.

Now, install ToEEFE. Put it in the Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil folder, along with PCCounter and maxHP or humbleNPC's or whatever else you want in there.

Run it again through ToEEFE. Still working?

Now for my mod. Point the zip at Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil and click unzip. If it is installing correctly, it will almost immediately ask about overwriting files. Click yes a few times to make sure it keeps happening, then 'yes to all'.

Do the same with the latest patch (patch 1.0.3 atm), point it at Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil, and unzip. Thats all!

Then open Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil/data/dlg and insert the two dlg files, again overwriting.

Go back to the maps cache and delete the funny files again, and that should be it.

10. halarious

halarious Member

did every thing you said, it went perfect, i even picked the giant pc.
    then i installed the juggernaut fix, guess what? that's right! CTD!
    is there no other solution to the juggernauts?
    when i reach the water temple, i do not cherish the thought of facing a ridiculous number of juggers :censored:

BTW giant: way cool!!
    and the little kid was giggling, nice!!
    that's all of seen so far, so now i'm going to reload once again, without the jugger fix, and go explore all the new goodies.

thanks guys, for the help and for the modding. :doublethu

11. halarious

halarious Member

so i reloaded, and this time i put the juggernaut fix in right after liv's mod, then i installed all the other stuff, i'm happy to say it worked perfectly.
    sometimes the obvious is right of us and we just don't see it! :evil_laug

12. the_arkane

the_arkane chaos

you may not want to use giant pc character there were some reports of ctd caused by this, unless it was fixed and i missed it. :)

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the Giant doesn't work with the front end thing, and it must have my or teds protos to work otherwise it works fine.
    btw I think that the kiddies laughter sounds evil (and cliped)

14. Shiningted

Well I'll take a tape deck to work and record what the TRULY evil laughter of a child sounds like ;)

I have no idea if the juggernaught fix is in my mod, I guess I better start installing it over Liv's thing when I do reinstalls and test it. O and yes that'd cause the CTD, because it has a protos.tab in it that would have replaced mine and deleted all the stuff in my mod.

Our Host!