Ted's mod is HERE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

LOL.

Isn't that shameful? What was Troika thinking? There's nothing like this sort of thing to brutally yank you right out of the world of Greyhawk and back into Jerkwater USA, or wherever you might reside.

<Sigh.>

2. Fionavar

Fionavar Member

I am sorry for perhaps asking a foolish question, but I am wondering if Ted's mod, CO8's mod and Livonya's 1.51 mod will all play nice together with Patch 3?

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I rather thought I was one of the only ones here playing patch 3, and I haven't tried it yet. I doubt anyone else knows for sure...

*equips great helm & tower shield to avoid being struck by heavy things thrown by Gaear*

Ted, I promise I'll try it soon...looks GREAT so far, but I was kinda letting all the troubles get fixed first, since I suck at all this modding. I too require big fat buttons to push...ToEEFE compatability would be a great boon to my poor challenged self.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ahhh Spike, I was wondering if you would finally take the plunge...

But if Liv's mod didn't entice you, I am certainly not offended that mine hasn't done it yet. And if people want to wait til all the bugs are squished, thats kewl.

That being said, I think thats it for mine (other than the death throes issue, which is probably an internal thing, as I said I am having issues trying to get the other voices working from scripts too). A few of the other issues coming up, like the one about crafting I will mention next, is probably more to do with people more fully exploring the game with the new items and such rather than anything myself or the other modders have done. Of course we will still look into them!

5. Shiningted

Old Book: Could I just get you to check that there are SIX .mp3s in the data\sound\Speech\00290 folder, and maybe have a listen to them to make sure the 'm' files are male and the 'f' files are female? (A couple are missing 'f' files because the dialogue for those lines is identical).

As for the Runes, check your skills: did it effect 'intimidate' or 'diplomacy'?

6. Croix

Croix Member

I don't know much about modding myself, but reading the forums is changing this unfortunate disability. I do think TOEE is by far the best D&D game (that I have played) for the comp. and it is the reason why I'm here reading the forums. I'm pretty touchy with the details of character, dialog, background and rules (v3.5), and thats why I want to be a part of this. Your efforts and patience are appreciated. I think I'll try your mod out Ted. I do have questions though, about what patches to install in what order. This is what I plan on doing: 1.fresh install of TOEE
    2.Install official patches 1&2
    3.Install Circle of Eight mod pack 3.04
    4.Install Liv's mod (I preferr hers for the challenge and extra quests)

Now do I install both of your patches Ted, or do I just install your 2nd one for step 5? And yes I know how to clear the map cache. Thanks Ted.
    :coffee:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  7. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

4 Ms, 2 Fs, all playing correctly when clicked.

Diplomay and Intimidate are not changed by the Celtic on my install.

8. Shiningted

Now, the crafting issue...

Some further details have come to light, that the person who experienced the problem:

a) tried to craft the scarab of proof against poison, and claims it has a prereq of SPELL_NONE

b) tried to craft the bag of tricks and necklace of mighty fists (?) and found they have SPELL_NONE too

These sound to me like they were always there and not doing much. Does anyone have any experience of crafting these?

The original Item_Creation.mes says,

6090 - scarab of proof against poison (CL 5th) // check back with Aaron on this Yo Aaron dude, we are still waiting!
    {6090}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SNeutralize Poison" } // scarab of proof against poison

Well that last line hasn't changed in the current one, and it was there in the one that shipped with my mod. Peculiar.

Now...

{12601}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SSummon Natures Ally III" C5} // Tan Bag o Tricks

That line wasn't in the original, does it look right? Should it be a Druid thing rather than Cleric? Cleric's don't get Summon Nature's Ally by my rulebook.

Again from the original:

{6257}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" } // amulet of mighty fists +1
    {6258}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" } // amulet of mighty fists +2
    {6259}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" } // amulet of mighty fists +3
    {6260}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" } // amulet of mighty fists +4
    {6261}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" } // amulet of mighty fists +5

Hmmm, well should work then!

If anyone has any feedback on this issue, particularly if these items previously caused problems, please let me know!

9. Shiningted

Old Book: thanks very much for cheacking all that, the detials on what the Runes do will have to wait for Cujo.

Croix, atm you need to install my mod (1.0) and patch 1.0.2, and thats it :)

10. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Ted, I have crafted both the amulet of mighty fists and the scarab of proof against poison before your mod with no problem. I haven't ever crafted a bag of tricks, but it always showed up in the menu with Summon Natures Ally III as the prerequisite. With your mod (fully patched through patch 2) everything shows up in the craft menu just fine. Unfortunately, none of my characters are high enough level yet to make any of these items (and the ones I can make now are to low power to even bother with the cost). Perhaps the item_creation.mes of the person who experience the bug became corupted somehow. I have experieced this before, so now I always keep a backup of all game files.

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The celtic armor is giving me a +5, +5, -5 on appraise (for a total of +5) due to the Celtic runes, with not other bonuses or penalties to any other skills. Similarly, the Gladiator armor gives me a +4 on appraise, with no other bonuses or penalties on any other skills. It appears as though all the skill bonuses on the armor are being lumped into appraise.

EDIT: I tried changing the Skill Circumstance Bonus on Intimidate to a Skill Competence Bonus, and now I get +5, +5, +5 on appraise due to the Celtic runes. Weird.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  12. Shiningted

Thanks for the feedback Cerulean.

Appraise eh? Well there u go, show up naked and tattooed and shopkeepers do u a good deal to GET YOU THE HECK OUT OF THE SHOP.

13. Fionavar

Fionavar Member

Sorry to belabour the point, but does this mean I could probably go ahead with CO8/Liv/Ted mods with patch 3? And what is the problem with patch 3, btw?

14. Shiningted

The 'problem' with patch three is that it does so very little (fixes a single issue according tot he official notes) and that issue is fixed by the Co8 efforts, along with a whole lot more. Sooooo... if u play with the Co8 and Liv stuff, u get a lot more than if u play with patch 3.

HOWEVER, since they had long since moved on when patch 3 was released, and there seemed no point in including it, the Co8 and Liv's stuff was not retrospectively made to work with patch 3. This would have involved a lot of excruciating trialling to see if anything clashed. It is an unknown.

My advice would be to go for it, u have nothing to lose. PROBABLY you will have no problems, and you will certainly get a lot more out of the game with Co8, Liv's and even my stuff (and the stuff bundled with mine) than if you did the standard patched game.

OR, play through the game as is, see what it is like, then add the other stuff to appreciate the changes implemented, and play through again with an entirely different party :) Then you can report here how it went and we will all know :D

15. Fionavar

Fionavar Member

I think I will do a clean install and then apply CO8/Liv/Yours and play the game. Others have told me to do this and now with your encouragement - I shall be a guinea pig ;) Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback!

Our Host!