ToEE World Builder v1.7.5

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.1

Thanks Agetian, I used ummmm well a version well past the "I keep testing this and it doesn't screw up" point for the door. Otherwise I spawned everything else the old fashioned way - but my next mod will give this a real workout. Looking forward to it :D

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hot update to v1.1: Added a nifty tool called "Sector coordinates lookup" that allows you to check what sector file your object coordinates correspond to, and also list the sector files that you must update if you want to cover a huge area. Please redownload if you are interested. To start this utility you should either press Ctrl+S in the editor or choose "Tools -> Sector Lookup...".

NOTE: For example, you should make an area from (505, 457) to (520, 470) impassable. If you look it up in my new tool, you'll note that you have to update two files:

452756055.sec (Sector coords X=7, Y=7)
    452756056.sec (Sector coords X=7, Y=8)

So, you open those those files (or create them from the given sector coordinates) and update an area (505,457) - (520,470) in each file using the "Update a box of tiles" button (the editor will automatically choose which coordinates can be updated for each of the sector files).

Also, I updated the ToEE Front-end Pro distributed with the ToEEWB to v3.0a

Enjoy!
    - Agetian

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  3. Agetian

I reuploaded the file yet again (the previous installation package was a bit weird). Please redownload. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Agetian

4. Agetian

IMPORTANT: Just released an inline fix for some prototype fields in a proto editor. Please download it (it's in a separate attachment) and extract to your ToEEWB folder, overwriting an existing file.

- Agetian

5. Shiningted

Just downloaded latest ToEEWB and the proto thing: is that for some sort of replacement for Proto-Ed? I mean, as much as I love that tool, we do need something with more capabilities!

6. Agetian

@ Shiningted: ToEEWB has internal prototype editor built-in, and it has a lot of cool stuff in it (like - autodetection of possible values for different columns, and plenty of new and corrected proto fields). However, it acts differently from the ProtoEd - it doesn't give you a table view of everything, but instead it focuses on making protos more "editable" (offers a nice proto editing interface with ability to modify descriptions etc.). Check the "Prototypes" tab out. :)

- Agetian

7. Agetian

IMPORTANT: Fixed a bug in the MOB codec that caused the mob linking to be partially corrupt. Please redownload the whole package. Note that the latest package includes the inline fix that was released previously.

Also, my beta-tester and friend Silvanor has changed his nickname to Sapricon (sounds cooler??) so he wanted the credits to be updated, so that's what I did.

- Agetian

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ooh could I change my nickname to "big bad DONG, king of the bedroom" Nah just kidding!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2005
  9. Shiningted

Not with that Avatar :p

Agetian, perhaps you might want to add something to the effect that anyone using Allyx's protos.tab, Cujo's mod or Darmagon's will all be needing the Con fix switched on?

Also, as u know my mod comes with it as standard in the .dll (since my mod is built on Allyx's protos.tab), so if I have the mod installed and run FrontEnd (installed normally on the game, not as a seperate module), it doesn't matter whether I click the Con fix on or not, it should be there? Do I have that right?

10. Agetian

Hmm... as far as I understand you're speaking about TOEEFE and not TOEEWB, right? Alrighty...
    It's really hard to predict what should be on or off depending on the mod at the moment (I don't want to invent even more INI files and stuff like that at the moment to avoid complications). The status of the CON fix depends on whether it's checked or not in the frontend (so if you don't have it checked, it will be turned off). So -- I guess you can add it to the module description: "Turn the darn CON fix ON for this module!" :)

The thing I *can* do is -- remove the CON fix switch from TOEEFE altogether, leaving it only with the optional fixes (and without the "permanently needed" ones), and I'm seriously thinking about it atm, since not very many people will want to switch that on/off often, and if it's mod-specific, a person can provide a required DLL file (just as you did). So, if I decide to do it, I'll release it as TOEEFE 3.0a1 very soon. :)

EDIT: Uploaded v3.0a1. Please test your mod with this version! Now it excludes the Drifter's CON fix as permanent/module-dependent. It means that if you provide a DLL with this fix the game should leave the fix there anyway.

- Agetian

11. khalamar

khalamar Member

I know this is a stupid question but where do i get Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1
    so i can try my hand at a mod using TOEEWB ? thanks

12. Agetian

Here's a link to the Microsoft update center that contains all the .NET Framework revisions and updates (including the version 1.1 :) ) Enjoy!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/

- Agetian

13. Agetian

Another bugfix update: Fixed a bug in sector parser routine that caused the editor to crash when a newly added proto entry had to be parsed as a part of an embedded static object's ID (a rare bug, but a nasty one if you come across it). Please redownload.

Now, if you add a new prototype, then embed an instance of that proto into a sector, then open a new sector file in the sector editor, a warning message will be given stating that the object name can't yet be parsed since protos.tab has to be reloaded. If you really *need* that object name to show up, you'll have to reload ToEEWB. Otherwise you'll be able to work with the sector normally, but the proto name will be shown as (NOT PARSABLE). This is not a big deal, really, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it. ;)

- Agetian

14. Shiningted

:blush: sowwy

15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

In all fairness I have yet to really explore the prototype editor in ToEEWB. I do really like some of it's features, IntelliProperties for example. It does seem to be missing some of the features I use a lot in ProtoEd, though. Since I am a beginner at this, I like the ability to compare side by side with what is already there. The ability to compare and merge different files is also very useful.

Our Host!