Ted's mod is HERE

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jul 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Do'h! Simultaneous post - Old Book, go up one!

[Edit] I see what you mean about Frank, he is triggered to spawn by accepting the main quest from Lila, not Myella's. I have made a couple changes to his dlg file, won't post til I have tested them. Thanks for pointing this out.

Agetian - by the way, thanks for your efforts, day off tomorrow so I will have a crack at mastering FrontEnd and then email you about an install.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  2. philodox

philodox Member

I had Elmo in my party and the only quest that I had done in the game was the silly cheating at gambling thing in the Inn... After outfitting my group at the shops and picking up Elmo on the way I went to the house and had my LE Human Sorcerer talk to him. It crashed and asked me to send an error report. :(

EDIT: Just read your other post... I will give it another shot. :)

3. Shiningted

Thanks for that.

Error report? I have never seen that before, but then I play under Win98. Anyone else had that problem?

4. philodox

philodox Member

Hmmm, worked fine that time through... weird. Elmo's mom is hilarious. :p

Looks like a fun quest, I think I will start with it as the other Homlet quests are a little dry. One thing that I noticed is that a lot of the mom's text goes out of the text box, you might want to split it up. Anyways... off to find a dead woman and some hemlock. :D

5. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

Error reports are a Win2K/XP/2K3 thing.

6. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs

Thanks, giving it a shot.

7. Shiningted

Don't eat the hemlock.

Thanks Mooooooooosehead.

8. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Excellent work, buddy. I posted the news in the front page.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Ted some of my stuff is wrong. It looks like you didn't download the 4 new files from the second page of my mod thing click me to get the files (or just the spell and add code to your stuff).

You'll have to add
    Code:
    {00423} {Celtic_rune.tga}
    to inverntory.mes because there is no line for the icon I made for it.

the spell from the link will be fine (Spell570 - ahobm.py) but goes with an edited spell.mes which needs these lines. I'm not sure of other aditions so just add the lines just incase you get rid of other, newer lines by replacing the whole file.
    Code:
    {20048} {You can't hurt me with that, feeble mortal!}
    {20049} {Target has no head!}
    {20050} {Target is undead!}
    while I was sitting in comercial law I was thinking about what stuff I knew you had cos I just sent it to you and what stuff that you were going to miss, thats all I could think of and when I checked it I was right, man you need to label your folders better. :poke:

10. khalamar

khalamar Member

Ted you are uber cool :clap: downloaded the log fix still no entry in log ? no big deal really, the dialog had me LOL my family thought I was crazy

11. Shiningted

Have to go back to work in a minute, here is the fixed Frank dialogue. It will assume if you chat to him without getting the quest then come back later that you ran off in fear the first time, but thats ok. People have better things to do in-game than multiple visits to shut-ins imho (unless you are playing a cleric ;))

Cujo - I had your 4 files, I forgot to put them in? Mamma mia... thats a shocker. Sorry! Thanks for giving me the lines to change, saves me a headache.

Btw I am still going to roll that in with your other stuff for a new (stand-alone) release of your mod and upload it, don't think I have forgotten.

Cujo's stuff and Frank's dialogue are all fixed in patch 1.0.1, see details in the first post.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  12. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

An important side note: Looks like you haven't been following the documentation included in ToEE World Builder, Ted, but it explains one quite important thing. In map_names.mes, you have the following thing:

{5115}{Herdsman House}
    {5120}{Frank's House}

Looks OK - it should assign the name "Frank's house" to map #5120, but... believe me or not, it doesn't (go figure - you map shows up as "(null)" on the map). The game must have a complete set of fillers before 5120 in order to place your map name correctly in memory. So, the following is correct:

{5115}{Herdsman House}
    {5116}{}
    {5117}{}
    {5118}{}
    {5119}{}
    {5120}{Frank's House}

Hope this helped.
    - Agetian

13. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

The Cleric's Cure Moderate Wounds has now been renamed Cure Moderate Wounds P3 R3, and no longer displays correctly (name missing) in the extended spell description screen under the help menu.

14. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Okay haven't been able to talk to Ted about what needs to be done. Indeed, Cure Moderate Wounds name has been changed along with some other spells. That was due to my last spell mod release which I disabled as soon as possible due to too much bugginess. I had no idea that ted was releasing it with his mod. Anyway, here is a quick fix to forestall any CTD's and to restore the spell names to what they were.

Darmagon

Attached Files:

15. Shiningted

Sorry, Darmagon and I are obviously in different time zones and I do shift work as it is ;) Once this is taken care of, we will have all Darmagon's new spells for Paladins and Rangers (as far as I understand it all :giggle: ) so bear with us!

Agetian - yeah, I have had lots of issues with those damn map names, thought I had sorted them out. Originally wanted to number it about map 140 or so, so that it wouldn't clash with any other new maps being made (I later noticed Allyx's references to his Verbobonc map are also 5120) but as u say, you can't leave gaps. Thanks for pointing that out, thought I had them all. Haven't read the docs for ToEEWB, would that I had the time! Made that map months ago, just needed a door in ;) (And thankyou kindly for supplying it). Again I must stress, looking forward to having the opportunity to finding ToEEWB's limits :D

Old Book - still not happy about that greatsword wmp thing, I didn't touch that file so Liv's one should still be in there. Wonder what happened. Out of curiosity, how many files do you have in your data/scr folder?

The map_names.mes issue shouldn't affect your game, but it is dealt with in patch 1.0.1.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
Our Host!