Why have NPC's?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by who_is_daniel, Apr 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Roll up another Darley in the protos.tab - one 'human', the other clearly demonic and flagged as 'creepy to Hommletettes'.

To change between, just say, "Darley change" or something in the dlg and a kwik script to boot the one and create the other in the party. Its (sorta) the way Liv did the inventory fiddling thing where they don't sell what they have - an instantaneous 'boot and rejoin' that you don't even notice.

It WILL have the same effect on her inventory, btw, so if you did it when she was carrying a bootload of rubbish on the way to dump on Hommlet's gullible traders, she will regard them as her starting gear (I suspect).

2. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

I got Darley in my party once, but I wasn't that impressed with her, mostly because of her...lackluster spell selection.

If he didn't sway so much, I'd take Elmo and Spuggy everywhere. Zaxis will also come along sometimes. I never got into Fruella...I didn't think she was all that great the one time I got her.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The swaying is a royal pain... :drunk:

With a holy weapon, he knocks it off. Too bad someone can't mod something holy for him to have all the time so this would never sway.

He's only supposed to act tipsy, you know...

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

There's a Holy Axe for him in one of the nodes, but that's a long way to put up with the swaying. :)

I didn't know he sobered up with a Holy item. Even without modding, that's useful info.

5. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

Actually, he doesn't have to use the axe at all. If you're using the leveling mod, he has no Weapon Focus...

6. mpeterll

mpeterll Member

I did the entire game without hiring NPCs.
    The only exception: I had my sorceress charm the three hill giants on level 4, and then used them as a shield wall in the big fight with Wots-his-name the high priest. Someone said this fight was the toughest in the game, but with the hill giants on my side, I didn't even breat a sweat.
    I had 5 level-8 PCs at the time.

7. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Myself, I never played with NPCs until Drifter's patch made them bearable. Even then, 5 PCs is plenty of muscle, so I don't bother unless it's for fun, like in my one guy with 18 cha followed by 7 naked women game. :dance:

8. Shiningted

Those seven naked women were:

Fruella
    Mother Screng
    Murfles
    and thanks to charm / suggestion / dominate etc:
    Glora Gundigoot
    Myella
    Mandy
    and Mona.

They were all naked? Dude, you are WEIRD :blink:

9. Belgham

Belgham Member

Mother Screng naked? Dude, you are really WEIRD!!!!

10. Lord_Spike

That wrinkled old herb-monger bit is just a disguise, you know!

:google:

11. Shiningted

Yeah, she's really a hot babe herb monger :lalala:

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, we all know that the Canoness (in her natural form) is "fine as hell," as they say. And btw, for those who don't already know, the only unnatractive women in RPGs are those of the wrinkled-old-herb-monger-in-disguise variety. All others are "fine as hell."

ToEE, the "pimp" version:

Finikin the farmer-guy (or whatever his name is): "Hi, this is my fine-as-hell daughter Meleny. You'd think she would be a plain-jane small village girl, but no, she is fine as hell."

Meleny: "Quit it, Dad. I may be fine as hell, but I can still help this group with my Druidic capabilities."

PC: "Meleny, you are fine as hell. Please join us and contribute those druidic capabilities. As you'll notice, our female sorceress and rogue are, likewise, fine as hell. It's not that we wouldn't take others, we just can't find any ladies out there who are not fine as hell. Even our ass-kicking fighter girl here is fine as hell."

Finikin: "Meleny, take your fine-ass over and join these other fine-ass ladies in their quest to rid the temple of the evil but nonetheless fine-ass Zuggtmoy."

Meleny: "I'll do it, but I must be called 'Fine-Ass Meleny.'"

PC: "That's fine . . . fine as hell."

:)

13. Shiningted

I believe his real name is, and always will be, Meleny's Dad.

14. Lord_Spike

Some mo' fine as hell NPC's for Toee II, aka GDQ1-7...
    (Gaear, you slay me..!)

Attached Files:

• gdq.jpg
      gdq.jpg
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
Our Host!